I NEED HEIPL ON BONDO

865 views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  slo 
#1 ·
I AM NEW TO BONDO AND I WANT TO WORK WITH IT,
BUT I DONT KNOW HOW THOUGH....

WHO CAN HELP ME???
OR ADVICE???

#3 ·
just buy some plastic bondo brand spreaders from wallmart then when you mix the bondo mix it till its about the same color as the spreader then spread it on as evenly as you can read the instructions on the can first and you should be set you will learn from experience.

#6 ·
you hardly need any harder to mix with your bondo, just buy a small can of bondo, it useally always comes with a little thing of harder, you take some of the bondo out of the can, put it on a mixing board, put a little dot of harder onto it, depending on how much your using, then mix that up real good, then apply, do it quick, cause it can get hard

#7 ·
Originally posted by furburger@Sep 20 2006, 11:04 AM~6211235
you hardly need any harder to mix with your bondo, just buy a small can of bondo, it useally always comes with a little thing of harder, you take some of the bondo out of the can, put it on a mixing board, put a little dot of harder onto it, depending on how much your using, then mix that up real good, then apply, do it quick, cause it can get hard
I have seen plenty pople do a 50/50 mix of bondo and hardener. Just take it slow big guy.

#9 ·
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Sep 20 2006, 02:10 PM~6211260
I have seen plenty pople do a 50/50 mix of bondo and hardener. Just take it slow big guy.
50/50? if using the tiny tube of hardener that comes with the LARGE can of bondo, then that isn't much filler being mixed up at all, maybe a quarter of a cup, lol.

#13 ·
When you spread it make it as smooth as possible!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise you'll be sanding it for months :thumbsdown:

Avoid the "cake icing" look at all costs!!!

you can add more layers on top of dried bondo if you need to if you have "fish eye" holes or whatever. Glazings for finishing and touch ups might help too

#14 ·
Originally posted by TonyO@Sep 20 2006, 05:17 PM~6212327
When you spread it make it as smooth as possible!!!!!!!!!!!  Otherwise you'll be sanding it for months :thumbsdown:

you can add more layers on top of dried bondo if you need to if you have "fish eye" holes or whatever.  Glazings for finishing and touch ups might help too
i see that icing look a lot on here. you would think they spread that stuff with a stick to get it looking so bad.

#16 ·
fuck sanding!!!!!!

its not that hard to do just use a lil bit of hardener adn a apporpriate amount of bondo then mix it good. then put it on as smooth ass u can, then if u need to there is a thing called a chesse grade u can use thet before it competly hardens to make it come out better then let it dry all the way and have funny sanding.... :cool:

#17 ·
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 21 2006, 02:51 AM~6212878
i see that icing look a lot on here. you would think they spread that stuff with a stick to get it looking so bad.
Yeah or a damn thin putty knife or something :( I remember seeing the worst cake icing looking frame up in here a few years ago. I can't imagine all the damn sanding that dude had to do :burn:

#18 ·
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 20 2006, 03:01 PM~6211929
haha

"how come i got some much bondo left still?" lmao
:happysad:
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Sep 20 2006, 03:04 PM~6211941
Or when they say, "I need more hardener."  :roflmao:
:happysad:

Originally posted by TonyO@Sep 20 2006, 04:17 PM~6212327
When you spread it make it as smooth as possible!!!!!!!!!!!  Otherwise you'll be sanding it for months :thumbsdown:

you can add more layers on top of dried bondo if you need to if you have "fish eye" holes or whatever.  Glazings for finishing and touch ups might help too
that's coming from someone who's never done it :uh: :roflmao:

#21 ·
Originally posted by TonyO@Sep 20 2006, 04:17 PM~6212327

lay down the spreader even and smooth as much as you can so you can get it slick with minimal sanding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.