LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
48,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help on how to align the doors on a mitubishi eclipse.my moms 96 eclipse doors are out of line.when she closes the door it kinda stays open enough for the door open light to stay on.if I pull it it shuts off but as soon as I let it go the light comes on.I was going to move the lil square thingy by the lock I was going to move it in more so it shuts tight but I want to make sure that that is the right way to go.I don't want to loosen the door if I don't have to.any help will be greatly apreciated.thanks :cool:

·
48,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so she came over today and I check all that and it all look good the door was firm and not saging at all.so I checked and check and finally found the problem.the door has a hole where it pushes in the door pin where the lights go out.the push pin where you would hook the alarm to.so thanks for all the advice good looking out.what I am going to do since I don't know how to do body work is I am going to get some aluminum foil and form it to the door and push it in the hole for now.I think she wants to give it to my daughter in a couple years when she gets her license so I will worry about it then.or is there some quick fix I can do or how hard will it be to fix.I will take pics tomorrow or fri when I see her again :biggrin:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by NIMSTER64@Oct 3 2007, 05:04 PM~8926948
ok so she came over today and I check all that and it all look good the door was firm and not saging at all.so I checked and check and finally found the problem.the door has a hole where it pushes in the door pin where the lights go out.the push pin where you would hook the alarm to.so thanks for all the advice good looking out.what I am going to do since I don't know how to do body work is I am going to get some aluminum foil and form it to the door and push it in the hole for now.I think she wants to give it to my daughter in a couple years when she gets her license so I will worry about it then.or is there some quick fix I can do or how hard will it be to fix.I will take pics tomorrow or fri when I see her again :biggrin:

If its a hole in the door, you could always just zap it with a bit of weld and seal up the hole. You could also pull the lead wire of the little plunger thingy and that will stop the light from coming on. I guess i'm still a bit confused as to exactly what you are talking about. When I see a pic, I can give you a real answer. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts