LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 86 cutlass with 3 pumps 4 batteries. when i bought it the guy had to move the pumps to take out his music. and in doin so messed some things up. the left front cylinder wont go down and the left rear cylinder wont go up. also this is my first lowrider and i dont know a thing about them but i want to learn. any info would be great
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car
i included a pic of the car and the setup

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it does nothing. but the guy that towed the car was able to use some wire to make go up. he jumped the silonoid i think he didnt explain it to me. and what does the slow down valve look like

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Slow downs are the copper looking valves with the little chrome T handle on the top of it, plumbed right off your dumps. Yeah, sounds like he ran a cable from the motor to the battery to jump it to lift it up. Check the connections to the dump for the front pump. Should be 1 wire grounded and the other wire goes up to the switches. Is it 1 pump to the front(pump towards passenger side)? Why did the car need to be towed?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea one pump to the front and the other 2 for the rear. i bought the car in tampa and i live 3 1/2 hrs from there and i dont have dl. i bought it for a project car. ill look around in the trunk to see if anything is loose

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i seen the dump to the left rear was melted and i didnt see nothing wrong with the front dump. i found the slow down valve but you didnt say what to do with it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill check the valve in the am. and that yellow wire is the ground wire for that dump.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
When the slow down is closed all the way the car wont drop so maybe the slowdown to the cylinder that's staying up is closed try to open it and see if it dumps after that.
When the slowdown is all the way closed, the car shouldn't drop down at all. If it does, then a check valve would be bad since the pressure would either leak past the check valve or the slow down in to the tank if the car was dropping by itself. Open the valve up a couple turns to start and adjust to your liking once you get things working.

The dump being melted for the driver rear pump is no good. If its stuck in the open position, then it wouldn't lift the car since it looks like its only using 24 volts to spin the motor on your setup. Could also be a broken key between the motor and gear head. Does the motor spin and make noise? Does it want to lift but immediatley drop? Or no noise at all?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
looks like you have two dumps on the right rear pump
if so you should re plumb it because you really dont need to dumps for one corner use the good one and loose the melted one
also bout the front make sure all the connections are good

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ok the 2 pumps on the left are for the rear and the one 2 the right is for the front. i took some more pics of the set up to see if that helps. my batteries are dead at the moment and are being charged. is there anything else that i can do in the mean time?

Auto part Vehicle Engine
Audio equipment Electronics Auto part Technology Electronic device
Auto part
Auto part Machine Gas
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

.i tried to put them in order. the first 3 are from the top and the 2nd 3 are from the back. hope this helps. any feed back is welcome

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
should jus trade for my 93 juiced bigbody fresh paint 4 switch 2 pup 4 dump 6 batts..

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
i just bought a 86 cutlass with 3 pumps 4 batteries. when i bought it the guy had to move the pumps to take out his music. and in doin so messed some things up. the left front cylinder wont go down and the left rear cylinder wont go up. also this is my first lowrider and i dont know a thing about them but i want to learn. any info would be great
View attachment 333246
View attachment 333247 i included a pic of the car and the setup
get at this dude... Jeff hes there in PSL 772.215.2939

1 - 16 of 16 Posts