LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the time has come for me to begin my frame build and im gonna start with a few mods before the wrap (rear suspension to be specific) the plans are to drop the uppers 5" and use some adjustables and far as the lowers i was gonna drop the mounts 4 or 5 " and extend the lowers an inch or so... will this allow me to stretch out 24" cyls (the car is a 84 regal)................please help me out

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sorry but nope, you going to do alot more relocating on that rear than just drops and strectches.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sorry but nope, you going to do alot more relocating on that rear than just drops and strectches.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
ya the only way to get those full 24s in is if u mount them off the back of the axle isntead of the top, but i still dont see them not comin thru the package tray even with a full stack of coil. you may want to look into telescopics

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Apr 15 2008, 05:31 PM~10423002
ya the only way to get those full 24s in is if u mount them off the back of the axle isntead of the top, but i still dont see them not comin thru the package tray even with a full stack of coil.  you may want to look into telescopics
they are telescopics :biggrin: ...i was expecting to have to do alot more than the drop mounts but i dont honestly know where to begin when relocating mounts :(

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
damn good luck man, I just installed some 16s in my regal and there all up in my back seat when fully dumped out

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Apr 15 2008, 01:43 PM~10422635
so the time has come for me to begin my frame build and im gonna start with a few mods before the wrap (rear suspension to be specific) the plans are to drop the uppers 5" and use some adjustables and far as the lowers i was gonna drop the mounts 4 or 5 " and extend the lowers an inch or so... will this allow me to stretch out 24" cyls (the car is a 84 regal)................please help me out

relocate tha uppers to tha frame. relocate tha lower mounts to under back seat.
no need to extend tha lowers, just build new ones.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Apr 15 2008, 06:05 PM~10423978
they are telescopics :biggrin: ...i was expecting to have to do alot more than the drop mounts but i dont honestly know where to begin when relocating mounts  :(

go look at my build up thread man.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
do it like this homie extend the lowers an inch or 2 and extend the uppers to the frame rails i always do my hoppers like this and it allows you to run the full lenght of stroke and with a slip yoke you can still roll on full lift n drop

here it is layed

this car has had the lower stretched 3" back and 7" forwards to keep the axle back

this is my old hopper frame with the lowers stretche 1"

hes only got 16s in there at the mo i had 22s on accs it used to sit axle to frame and have over 28" of travel before it started getting tight i had 22s in there with no probs

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Apr 16 2008, 12:11 AM~10427402
do it like this homie extend the lowers an inch or 2 and extend the uppers to the frame rails i always do my hoppers like this and it allows you to run the full lenght of stroke and with a slip yoke you can still roll on full lift n drop

here it is layed

this car has had the lower stretched 3" back and 7" forwards to keep the axle back

this is my old hopper frame with the lowers stretche 1"

hes only got 16s in there at the mo i had 22s on accs it used to sit axle to frame and have over 28" of travel before it started getting tight i had 22s in there with no probs
does a g-body not have subframeing above where you have made the upper TA mounts?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by S10lifted@Apr 16 2008, 08:06 AM~10428314
Yes it does and if you look closely you can see the cutout for the factory mount ;)
what cut out for the factory mount? are you talking about the factory cross member where the upper TAs mount and how it had a hoop cut into it for the upper TAs to go through it?

just to be clear, im talking about where the upper trailing arms are now mounted to the frame. And what they did with the subframing thats on the body, if they cut and notched and reinforced where they removed it to gain clearance for the mount.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Mark@Apr 16 2008, 09:31 AM~10428197
does a g-body not have subframeing above where you have made the upper TA mounts?
this is the stock rear set up with a "bridge" that was in the car when i got it :uh:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts