LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any other way to seal my block fittings w/ out using teflon tape? i think i swelled out the block ports, shit still leaks after 5 times redoing the tape! is there a lock tight or pipe dope or somthing? thanks in advance :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
are you putting it on in the right direction? also are you getting your stuff tight enough? you need more than a little cresent wrench to do it.

when you are holding the fitting looking at the hole inside, you need to wrap the tape clockwise. about 4 turns is good, and more isnt better. also try tightening a little more.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Sep 10 2005, 05:00 AM~3786769
are you putting it on in the right direction? also are you getting your stuff tight enough? you need more than a little cresent wrench to do it.

when you are holding the fitting looking at the hole inside, you need to wrap the tape clockwise. about 4 turns is good, and more isnt better. also try tightening a little more.

and never ever back the threads off once you start to tighten it ...

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
and dont start taping on the first few threads other wise it will come off and be running thru your system

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Sep 11 2005, 02:38 PM~3793759
because its cheap, you can find it anywhere, and it works if you know how to use it.
yah if its wrapped in the right direction, I use tape and never had leaks ;)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yah i wrapped it in the right way ,still leakin im fed up if any one wants this car come get it for 2500

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
Originally posted by robocon@Sep 12 2005, 01:28 AM~3794613
yah i wrapped it in the right way ,still leakin im fed up if any one wants this car come get it for 2500
A tube of loxeal is what, like 40 bux? What did you pay for your whole system? It is not a lot of money and you save yourself a lot of trouble. Don't be cheap ;)
I would not recommend it if it didn't work, I have exactly the same setup in my TC and had another like that in my last caprice and no leaks.
Also know a lot of homies that would say the same. Is this product unknown or what?? :0

If I lived in the states I would have bought that nice boxcar from you right away though homie, love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts