LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to layitlow and i was noticing that most of u guys use spay paint like duplicolor but spray paint is illegal to sell in hardware shops in chicago, and i think the closes i can get is the spray paint from walmart and wat about testors???is it a good brand??

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
GO TO WALMART MODEL SECTION SPRAYPAINT MADE FROM HOUSE OF KOLOR HAS EVERYTHING TO START OFF BASECOAT N CANDYS N CLEAR AND OTHER SHIT

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Kinda i used it before,the gloss red is great,gloss yellow,and grey works great but the blue metal flake runs and i know you don't want that

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im new guys can u make things little clear with paint stuff like help me out alittle like wats the drifference with metal flakes and other paints and im low on money any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Originally posted by champunito@Sep 22 2007, 10:58 AM~8846931
im new guys can u make things little clear with paint stuff like help me out alittle like wats the drifference with metal flakes and other paints and im low on money any suggestions?
how old are you 13,14???if your low on money you sould save it up first

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yea and when i turn 14 i could get a working permit and make some money and ill be 14 and tell me wat does a 14 year want???i woul buy supplies

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well wat do most 14 yr. olds want mainly??the new ps3 maybe yu-gi-oh but im not into stuff like that i like cars and im moving on to like lowrider model kits but i need help with that

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
HAVE YOU PAINTED BEFORE IF NOT I SUGGEST BY JUST STARTING OFF SIMPLE BUY PRIMER THEN PAINT WHAT EVER COLOR THEN CLEAR COAT YOU COULD BUY AT A CAR PARTS STORE MAKE SURE ITS ALL ONE BRAND JUST TO BE EASY ON YOU AND GIVE TIME FOR THE PAINT TO DRY JUST FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON CAN AND IF YOU WANT THAT CLEAN SMOOTH PAINT JOB BUY A DETAIL MASTER DM 9000 POLISHING KIT FOLLW THE INSTURCTIONS AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by AZ WAR CHIEF@Sep 22 2007, 11:19 AM~8847021
HAVE YOU PAINTED BEFORE IF NOT I SUGGEST BY JUST STARTING OFF SIMPLE BUY PRIMER THEN PAINT WHAT EVER COLOR THEN CLEAR COAT YOU COULD BUY AT A CAR PARTS STORE MAKE SURE ITS ALL ONE BRAND JUST TO BE EASY ON YOU AND GIVE TIME FOR THE PAINT TO DRY JUST FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON CAN AND IF YOU WANT THAT CLEAN SMOOTH PAINT JOB BUY A DETAIL MASTER DM 9000 POLISHING KIT FOLLW THE INSTURCTIONS AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD

thanx ill try that so first:
primer

then:

any color i choose

and:

clear coat of paint all from the same brand

and finally:
a DM 9000 polishing kit

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Originally posted by champunito@Sep 22 2007, 10:27 AM~8847059
thanx ill try that so first:
primer

then:

any color i choose

and:

clear coat of paint all from the same brand

and finally:
a DM 9000 polishing kit

MAKE SURE YOU LET THE CAR DRY FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE YOU USE THAT POLISHING KIT THE FIRST TIME YOU SAND IT WITH THE MICRO SAND PAPER MAKE SURE THE WHOLE CAR IS DULL AND WATCH OUT FOR THE CORNERS AND EDGES YOU MIGHT SAND THE PAINT OFF

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
TRY YOUR NEAREST AUTO BODY PAINT SUPLY SHOP, THEY CARRY SPRAY CANS ALSO. OR INVEST IN AN AIRBRUSH, THEY CARRY PAINTS FOR AIRBRUSHES

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 22 2007, 09:45 AM~8847121
autoparts stores will have paint, get in the zone!!
autozone!!! shit u have to be 18 to buy spray paint here in san deigo don't know about other places

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by shrekinacutty@Sep 22 2007, 03:14 PM~8847922
autozone!!!  shit u have to be 18 to buy spray paint here in san deigo don't know about other places
walmart is the only place that does that around here. shit, i tried to buy an elmers glue stick one time (non toxic) and got carded!!! lol

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 22 2007, 01:21 PM~8847962
walmart is the only place that does that around here. shit, i tried to buy an elmers glue stick one time (non toxic) and got carded!!! lol
shit they card you for anything that has some kind of toxic thing on it lol

·
HOME BREWED, NO HELP
15,756 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 22 2007, 01:21 PM~8847962
i got asked for id when i bought my lincoln mint harley last week at wal-marx....

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
MAYBE SOME OF THE GOOD BROTHERS OF LIL WHO HAVE THEIR OWN "SHOPS" WHO SELL MODELS,PAINT, ACCESSORIES ETC. COULD HELP YOU OUT!! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts