LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 02' Ford Explorer Sport Trac.........I use to drive an EXPEDITION, I LOVED my old truck but I had way too many miles on it and I killed the tranny ( this was the 3rd tranny i killed in a car) :uh: .........My Husband/Roommate never does anything to my cars!!!!! so I was wondering if you guy's could help me out by advising me on what I need to do to properly maintine this one.......Oh, and by the way I learned my lesson.......This truck is Stick Shift.
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by smoothhoneypot@Sep 13 2005, 12:08 PM~3805929
Oh, and by the way I learned my lesson
Obviously not. You bought another Ford. :uh:



But seriously, what do you want to know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 13 2005, 01:14 PM~3805979
Obviously not.  You bought another Ford.  :uh:
But seriously, what do you want to know?

Haha,

I have always had bad luck with Fords and trannys. From what I know there really isn't much maintenance other than changing the fluid, but that's not until you get some serious mileage on there.
 

·
Triple OG
Joined
·
11,047 Posts
Originally posted by smoothhoneypot@Sep 13 2005, 01:08 PM~3805929
My Husband/Roommate never does anything to my cars!!!!! so I was wondering if you guy's could help me out by advising me on what I need to do to properly maintine this one.......Oh, and by the way I learned my lesson.......This truck is Stick Shift.

get a real man that would take care of your shit..
 

·
Triple OG
Joined
·
11,047 Posts
Originally posted by smoothhoneypot@Sep 13 2005, 01:08 PM~3805929
I just got an 02' Ford Explorer Sport Trac.........I use to drive an EXPEDITION, I LOVED my old truck but I had way too many miles on it and I killed the tranny ( this was the 3rd tranny i killed in a car)  :uh: .........My Husband/Roommate never does anything to my cars!!!!! so I was wondering if you guy's could help me out by advising me on what I need to do to properly maintine this one.......Oh, and by the way I learned my lesson.......This truck is Stick Shift.
go to autozone and get a haynes manual for your car.

They have a whole section that explains proper maint. in detail.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by smoothhoneypot@Sep 13 2005, 02:08 PM~3805929
.........My Husband/Roommate never does anything to my cars!!!!!

There's your problem :biggrin: Drop him like a bad habit and get a guy that can handle his business :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 13 2005, 11:14 AM~3805979
Obviously not.  You bought another Ford.  :uh:
But seriously, what do you want to know?

I know, but this time I got the extended warranty. Even though my problems with fords have always been with the Automatic Transmisson, That's why this time I went with a manual transmission.

I check the motor oil, brake and power steering fluid and of course the water, and yes, I pump my own gas too. For an oil change I take it to either Pep boy's or Jiffy lube. If I need oil in between what number should I use and what is the difference? So, is that all there is to it? What about spark plugs and wires? How often do these need to be changed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by pink63impala@Sep 13 2005, 11:43 AM~3806237
:biggrin: change oil every 3000

Thank's I do that one already ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by kannabis@Sep 13 2005, 01:49 PM~3807248
Haha,

I have always had bad luck with Fords and trannys.  From what I know there really isn't much maintenance other than changing the fluid, but that's not until you get some serious mileage on there.

Yea, that's always been my problem with fords......Tranny always go's out on me..... Someone told me that I should of changed the tranny oil and filter........Too late now.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by concrete@Sep 13 2005, 03:28 PM~3808011
go to autozone and get a haynes manual for your car.

They have a whole section that explains proper maint. in detail.

A Haynes manual huh? I'm gonna have to go check it out...... Are they like for individual make and models or is it just like for proper maintenance of all cars in general? And I'm working on dropping the ZERO I live with hahahah ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 14 2005, 03:44 AM~3811627
There's your problem :biggrin: Drop him like a bad habit and get a guy that can handle his business :cool:

I'm working on it :biggrin:
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by smoothhoneypot@Sep 14 2005, 09:59 AM~3812889
A Haynes manual huh? I'm gonna have to go check it out...... Are they like for individual make and models or is it just like for proper maintenance of all cars in general? And I'm working on dropping the ZERO I live with hahahah ;)
They have Hanyes/Chilton manuals that are model specific. I get them for all my cars, and they're an excellent resource for the $12-17 they cost. They're not the greatest resource ever, but help you through most problems, plus they have information in the first chapter of each manual on regular maintenance schedules and how-tos.

This "zero," is he really your husband? I've never heard people refer to their husband as a roommate? Sounds like there might be a story...sorry if I'm getting too nosy! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by smoothhoneypot@Sep 13 2005, 12:08 PM~3805929
Oh, and by the way I learned my lesson.......This truck is Stick Shift.
As long as you shift properly you should be able to maintain the trans itself, the clutch is an item that takes wear and tear though.

Get a haynes manual for sure. It'll tell you how and when to change all teh maintenance stuff like spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor, filters, rear end fluid, etc....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank You all for your input.... I definately Am going to get me one of those Haynes Manual's!!!!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
well first off, you did the right thing by buying the standard. i can tell you fords automatic trannies suck and thats b/c i build them everyday. 1 thing that helps a lot is go find this product called lucas. its an oil additive. they make motor, tranny, and rearend oil additives, engine flushes, fuel injector cleaner, and i believe they have an octane booster too. i recommend using EVERY product they have on the market. last year when i bought my 91 caprice, it had 105,000 miles on it and it smoked a little. drove it straight home, flushed the engine, changed the oil and added the lucas oil treatment and it hasnt smoked a day since and im always so busy i never get to change my oil. i think its been a little over 6000 since i did it last.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 14 2005, 06:44 AM~3811627
There's your problem :biggrin: Drop him like a bad habit and get a guy that can handle his business :cool:
yeah i agree

marry Joe5pointOH or Foompla or Orlando (hes ase certified)


and ull be good to go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by sleepy526@Sep 19 2005, 12:53 AM~3840443
yeah i agree

marry Joe5pointOH or Foompla  or Orlando (hes ase certified)
and ull be good to go
i have ase certifications as well.


































that doesnt mean i know what im doing.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top