LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 85 Pontiac Persian and i was wondering what i can do to get rid of some of the rattle in the trunk and i want to hide my subs i think i got a good idea on it but any of you guys got some advice? or what about hookin a lab top up to my system any one heard of that? ok well what about puting tvs in my ride how much does the cheapes one screen go i though about puting a clarion screen in my dash so i can just go thru the music and dvds and shit all on one system no what im saying?. ok now i need an amp the amp i got barley pushes my system and i need a new one any kind i should go with? im running 2 8in JL Audios and 2 12'in Kicker Comps. the amp i got is an exceleon 250 watt i think by kenwood.. so if you people can help a nigga out that be tight get back at me

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
never heard of running a system off a laptop but i guess it could work....it would be a bitch to switch between songs and stuff on it unless you had some kind of touchscreen and touchscreen music software...tv's are cheap its the dvd players that are expensive...you need a hell of alot more wattage to push that many speakers....at least 1000

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've ran a laptop before... I do it from time to time when I'm going to and from school... all you have to do is where the audio outputs are on the laptop, get a jack to RCA adapter, run RCA's from the outputs and hook it up to an AUX input on your HU, then select the AUX input onyour HU and it'll play... or put whatever you have playing on your laptop through your vehicle speakers

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Oct 9 2003, 08:23 PM
never heard of running a system off a laptop but i guess it could work....it would be a bitch to switch between songs and stuff on it unless you had some kind of touchscreen and touchscreen music software...tv's are cheap its the dvd players that are expensive...you need a hell of alot more wattage to push that many speakers....at least 1000
no he doesnt. the kicker sub are only like 150-175 rms and i am not sure about the jl's but they are prolly 100-150 rms

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I don't remmeber where but some where you can get a USB to straight left and right audio, really nice DAC in it, it'd work fucking fantastic with an AC converter...... at least I'd think so, assuming you could keep the signal and power clean to it,

and thats from the laptop it goes to the usb of any length, and you'll get good nice sound ment to be put directl into amp or some just a signal, its not ment to power any thing,

winamp with playlists would be cool with the visual thing running, or windows media player dosen't matter, you could even have some kinda simple serial port device to switch between songs and directories, lots of people have done stuff like this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts