LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up, it seems every time i build a model i fuck it up some how (especially when painting things with fine detail that are small, like dash boards and emblems)and what do you use for cylinders (i jus cut peices off the parts tree) and how do you get that very fine detail to where the bumpers and trim peices look like real chrome, even when i tape off around where emblems are on the hood,trunk and body before painting them i still seem to get silver paint on the part of the body i taped off (grrrr), and how do you mold/make shit out of styrene? if some one could clue me in on some of this i would be very happy,lol,

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Originally posted by 10 sack king@Aug 14 2005, 04:14 AM~3613113
what up, it seems every time i build a model i fuck it up some how (especially when painting things with fine detail that are small, like dash boards and emblems)and what do you use for cylinders (i jus cut peices off the parts tree) and how do you get that very fine detail to where the bumpers and trim peices look like real chrome, even when i tape off around where emblems are on the hood,trunk and body before painting them i still seem to get silver paint on the part of the body i taped off (grrrr), and how do you mold/make shit out of styrene? if some one could clue me in on some of this i would be very happy,lol,
i been buildin models for like 7 months now and im not even tryin to do emblems n shyt yet.. i just started using foil.. as for pistons all kits should bring the stock springs.. just use those and add a piston type cylinder on top of the spring... for taping.. make sure u are using masking tape.. wen u have taped off a section wit ur finger really press the edges of the tape.. rub that tape it... and i have no fucken clue about styrene yet.. if you post pics i think it would be easier to see ur errors... i post pics of erything...

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Originally posted by 10 sack king@Aug 14 2005, 12:14 AM~3613113

ive only built a handfull of models and i suffer from the same problem as u (always messin up sumhow) on my latest model im really thinking things out first and so far its really helping. for small details i use tiny paint brushes that u can buy at any arts and crafts store. and if the smallest bursh jus doesnt do it for u , start trimming away hairs till its just a lil point of maybe 5 or 10 brissels. as for pistons i jus relized that rivets look just like pistons .... so my pistons are gonna start to look more realistic. and about the paint passing the tap , i think u just have to paint in light coats so the paint wont wanna drip under the tape. check out my build of a 96 mustang (im not into mustangs , i rather be building an impala or grand national , but i gotta work with wut i got)

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
what up, it seems every time i build a model i fuck it up some how (especially when painting things with fine detail that are small, like dash boards and emblems)and what do you use for cylinders (i jus cut peices off the parts tree) 1970 monte carlo comes with some nice cylinders or make some-the tree is too thickand how do you get that very fine detail to where the bumpers and trim peices look like real chrome, even when i tape off around where emblems are on the hood,trunk and body before painting them i still seem to get silver paint on the part of the body i taped off (grrrr)Bare metal foil-buy it, use it, love it, and how do you mold/make shit out of styrene? ? knife?if some one could clue me in on some of this i would be very happy,lol,

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tight, very helpful responses, yes i use masking tape, ill have to try layin the paint on in lighter coats i guess,lol, rivets as use of cylinders is dope, never thought of that, where can i get some foil at? im guessing at a hobby shop, i only got one hobby shop by the crib to go to its called riders and they cost an arm and a fucking leg,lol, how much does it run? ima just start getting my shit off the net, thanks for the help, peace :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts