LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
go outside and look at your distributor, where is the wire connections pointed at? i cant seem to get my shit timed, and i dont know where to turn it...it looks like the manifold is hitting the distributor cap and i cant get it timed, hook me up with an idea here....i wanna get it running tonight....thanks

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by SolidGoldCaddy@Oct 9 2003, 06:59 PM
go outside and look at your distributor, where is the wire connections pointed at? i cant seem to get my shit timed, and i dont know where to turn it...it looks like the manifold is hitting the distributor cap and i cant get it timed, hook me up with an idea here....i wanna get it running tonight....thanks
All you need to do is put your #1 cylinder all the way up (top dead center) then take your cap off. Where your rotor is pointing is where your #1 plug wire will be. Then, go around the cap in the firing order.

BUT there is a 50% chance that when the cylinder is all the way up it is not TDC but rather on the exhaust stroke. If this is the case, then the wires are 180 degrees off and all you have to do is switch #1 plug wire to opposite side of distributor.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but when i turn it over it almost starts, it sputters and shit, but not starting, i just need to know where the part of the distributor where the connections are point to? cause theres a bracket that it hits on one side and the intake on the other i just wanna know if i fucked something up, and how can i know if its top dead center.....i dont wanna go pulling more shit apart tonight...just gimmie a cheaters half ass way to do it.....

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
ttt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts