LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic says it all....I need to get in to my trunk so i can chang the lock but how do I get in with out fuc'n any thing up?...Old GM lock on a G-body...

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
take out back seat,,,,,crawl thru and take the latch off inside the trunk...think it might be 2- 10mm bolts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by wired62@Oct 14 2007, 07:55 PM~8999932
take out back seat,,,,,crawl thru and take the latch off inside the trunk...think it might be 2- 10mm bolts
Yeah.... :uh: But I have a 12gl(air ride) tank right behind the back seat....

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by ILLICITLOWS@Oct 14 2007, 08:23 PM~9000762
Every locksmith I call they say they don't deal with cars any more....
damn,,,,thats weird.....my homeboy just had all new keys made for his whole car for like 120 bucks....and thats only cuz it was fleetwood,,with special chip thing in the ignition key...

u can pop the back lock out,,its just held in with this round pin thing,,and use a screwdriver to turn that lock thing to get in,,and just buy a new lock and key from autozone for bout 10-11 bucks

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
If the locks have never been changed. You can pull the glove box lock out or the door and take to a looksmith. If they have pull the rear seat out and with a long rod with a flat tip on it you might be able to turn the release on the latch. If you can get past the air tank. I have used a broom handle with a flat tiped screwdriver taped to it. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Originally posted by wired62@Oct 14 2007, 07:55 PM~8999932
Thats how I did mine. If you cant get to it, take the door lock off. The locksmith charged me $15 to make a key from my trunk lock.

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ILLICITLOWS@Oct 15 2007, 07:45 PM~9009435
TtT...
you still locked out? i did a fast search of locksmiths "near" detroit.

check your yellow pages, most will drive right out and charge around $75

·
Registered
489 Posts
you can pop the retaining clip out from the uderside of the deck lid. it will let the lock fall out and then use a screw driver to turn the latch. the clip is held in by a rivet and should come out pretty easy

·
Registered
636 Posts
I did this by taking out the back seat, connecting a whole shitload of rachet extensions, and then removing the bolts from the trunk striker or latch (whichever is easier to get at).
If you can't get at it with just straight extensions becuase of you air tanks, try using a swivel on the end.....sounds kind of goofy but it worked for me!

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by ILLICITLOWS@Oct 14 2007, 06:54 PM~8999923
Topic says it all....I need to get in to my trunk so i can chang the lock but how do I get in with out fuc'n any thing up?...Old GM lock on a G-body...
Take the locksmith your glove box lock or your door key should be the same key too

·
48,471 Posts
well if you only got locked out of your trunk then why don't you drive your car to a lock smith and have him make you a copy instead of him coming out to you.also you can get a midget to crawl in through the back seat.just remove the tank asuming it is screwd on.if not then fuck it you don't need to get into your truck anyway.its not like you have to charge the batts or anything.hey did you look under your bed for the key? it seems like thats where everything I loose ends up.or maybe in the laundry room or a dirty pair of pants if you haven't washed them already :cool:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by 3wheelKing@Oct 15 2007, 04:08 AM~9002911
you should be able to get a key cut using your vin number and proof of ownership
x234985713409857293685902837598275980279817

Holy shit...For $2 and a trip to the dealership with your title and/or registration, you'll have a copy in about 30 seconds! :uh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts