LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first set of hydros and I need to take out the pumps any sug.. to make it easy ? do I need to take out the oil after ? any help would be great also does the car have to be all the way up or down? THANKS :cool:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
always have the car all the way down before you do anything to the hydraulics....so there is no pressure in the system.
as its first time take digi pics fo all the connections if you can or make notes.
keep everything spotlesly clean.
you dont ned to empty the tanks to remove the pumps.
remove your earths before starting to remove any cables.

:)

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by madman024@Nov 22 2003, 01:39 AM
first set of hydros and I need to take out the pumps any sug.. to make it easy ? do I need to take out the oil after ? any help would be great also does the car have to be all the way up or down? THANKS :cool:
It is funny how these questions come about, and the great answers, and sometimes bad answers that come out. But it is good that we have a place to come here and ask these kinds of questions, cause you can get oil all of the place if you don't pancake your car. But if you hadn't asked, you would have taken loose those hoses and got shit all over the place. I gotta find a plug for my hoses when I change out my pumps.

·
Registered
534 Posts
after you take out the pumps, you might want to change the oil, especially if it's been in there for a while. Clean the tank and clean out any metal shavings that might be in there.

For weight reasons, sometimes I take the motors off first, then the rest of the pump. Pumps aren't balanced as far as weight goes so it makes it easier (for me) to take them out from the WAY back of my trunk without possibly dropping it on my batteries.

·
Registered
819 Posts
That's a killer little tip about taking the motors off and then taking out the pump. It's little tricks like that that will make shit a whole lot easier. Plus with the motor off you can check your brushes.

Just don't lose your key!

Later
TC

·
Registered
534 Posts
Originally posted by tcvaldez@Nov 22 2003, 12:53 PM
That's a killer little tip about taking the motors off and then taking out the pump.  It's little tricks like that that will make shit a whole lot easier.  Plus with the motor off you can check your brushes.  

Just don't lose your key!

Later
TC
yeah don't loose the key.. very important.. :biggrin:

here is another little sum sum that i do for mounting a pump... i put threaded rod through the blocks so that there is about an inch or so of rod sticking out of blocks. The pumps will then slide into the mounting holes of the battery rack.. get a couple of nuts and thread them onto the threaded rod. DONE.

For me its a lot easier and faster than trying to hold the pump in place, search around for the hole on the block, put the bolt through and tighten. But if you prefer the method of just using a bolt it make it a little easier to align the hole in the block and the hole in the rack by using a hole punch from the rack up through the block and it will align it for you.

Last edited by juicdcutlass at Nov 22 2003, 01:47 PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts