LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hommie just sold me a Reds setup, but its the olders Reds double top stylin pumps from the mid 90s.. They dont even have delta dumps they look like square dumps, but there are not any hoses comimg from the dumps.

I need to know if this setup will be okay for a street g-body project, or if I should look else where for a setup..

Reds was in there prime in the mid 90s, thats why i think it will be a okay street setup.

let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOO Shit Homie! You've just bought probably the worst pumps ever made! I had 2 of them on a Maxima and they started falling apart piece by piece. Then when they went outta business I couldn't get any parts for them.

I ended up trashing them and getting a Hi-Low set-up. No problems..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
seems like that you got a GOOD DEAL on a %100 JUNK set-up ;)

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by northcoastrida@Nov 11 2003, 01:23 AM
They cant be that bad, can they? I thought that reds used to be the shiznit.... A pit hopper from cali told me name brand is just a bunch of mombo-jombo,, and pumps can be built up!! So what can I do?
Get new blocks. i have a double top styling block that was given to me in the garage and I believe you can replumb it to have delta-style dumps (or any external dumps). Anybody done this? I figured I'd use the block to experiment with.

Last edited by BROWN SOCIETY CC at Nov 11 2003, 01:27 AM

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Nov 11 2003, 02:20 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOO Shit Homie! You've just bought probably the worst pumps ever made! I had 2 of them on a Maxima and they started falling apart piece by piece. Then when they went outta business I couldn't get any parts for them.

I ended up trashing them and getting a Hi-Low set-up. No problems..... :thumbsup:
Actually a lot of my friends ran reds double tops in the mid 90s very successfully with no problems ;)

Homie, get what you need for them, clean them up, replace all the o-rings on the dump(including the very little ones) and you will be ok

·
Registered
410 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Nov 11 2003, 12:20 AM

As I've said before, "WE NEVER WENT OUT OF BUSINESS, WE JUST TOOK A BREAK FROM DOMINATING ON THE COMPETITION". Northcoastrida, you should be fine as long as your not planning on hopping, but it should work well for a street setup, and if you have any problems, call us Toll free at 1-800-REDS-321 and we'll help you out. We still have parts for that pump. Or you can take a ride over to World Wide Customs up there, they distribute our product.

·
Registered
970 Posts
yo dogg those pumps have abad rap but i have 2 to the nose of my caddy and its all good it works well just the dump on 1one pump started leaking but have faith

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
they are limited by check size ... ...if the motors are stock ...they proably got 2 fields ...... you probably got the tang keys :(

also the master flo cylinders bad for cracking on the inlets ..

but if you wanna lay and play a lil you can now and then hit a lil chip ...

i havent heard about replumbing them to use external dumps ... but i have seen some incredible replumbing done to fenner stones .. that would wanna make me go back and rewire some set ups i had formerly had a hand in

·
Registered
103 Posts
I always have heard they have bad reputation but never bought from them even though they were one of the first brands outhere...I do like their little red hydro book though.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
you should have just came and got a new reds setup from me :biggrin: if you need parts for em call us

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
the cylinders were pretty good.

I will never forget the night my boy cracked a 10" reds master flow from the port all the way down the side, IN 3 SEPARATE PLACES. I am not joking ;) He came down from a 3 and that bitched cracked the whole way through the cylinder in 3 places. He was soooo amazed that he didn't even care. He put some more back in there and was ok ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don’t care how good their products are. I would never buy stuff from a company who literally killed off the competition by shooting and killing an employee who worked for a competitors’ hydraulic shop.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
So if the president of GM rolled up in a 62 impala and tried to shoot the president of Ford, would you never roll in another GM car? Althugh Ford does fucking suck :uh:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I love lowriding and La Raza. And I will support only the positive side of lowriding.
So many people have worked hard to break the stereo types of gangs drugs and violence which has been associated with lowriding for years. We don’t need a company with a bad lowrider history still selling products. Just my opinion and I am glad that there are other companies and other choices out there.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Originally posted by northcoastrida@Nov 10 2003, 08:58 PM
My hommie just sold me a Reds setup, but its the olders Reds double top stylin pumps from the mid 90s.. They dont even have delta dumps they look like square dumps, but there are not any hoses comimg from the dumps.

I need to know if this setup will be okay for a street g-body project, or if I should look else where for a setup..

Reds was in there prime in the mid 90s, thats why i think it will be a okay street setup.

let me know what you guys think.
i have about 4 of those reds and out of the 4 1 block is still good.....ive got parts for them if you may need them :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
:biggrin:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Originally posted by Han Cholo@Nov 12 2003, 09:04 PM
I don’t care how good their products are. I would never buy stuff from a company who literally killed off the competition by shooting and killing an employee who worked for a competitors’ hydraulic shop.
YOU SHOULDN'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU READ.....IT HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN.....INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by redsproseries+Nov 13 2003, 02:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (redsproseries @ Nov 13 2003, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Han Cholo@Nov 12 2003, 09:04 PM
YOU SHOULDN'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU READ.....IT HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN.....INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.....[/b][/quote]
He's right! And you need to get your story right. Nobody from red's shot anyone. It was someone else, and they told the police that they were sent up there by someone at red's. How can you believe something out of a murderer's mouth?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts