LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
i would also like to put in somehtin extra to this thread, it would be cool to have a photo album of everybodies models and bikes, no chit chat just straight pictures.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by scla90044@Oct 4 2003, 08:57 PM
i would also like to put in somehtin extra to this thread, it would be cool to have a photo album of everybodies models and bikes, no chit chat just straight pictures.
i wish i had stuff that people like....... i'd post up shitloads of my models :(

everybody should go get free fotki photo albums and put their link in their signature.

i mean the free accounts wont allow you to post actual pics over here once your free trial runs out but you could still have the link in your sig and everyone can click it and browse all your albums.

www.fotki.com

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Oct 4 2003, 10:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Oct 4 2003, 10:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--scla90044@Oct 4 2003, 08:57 PM
i wish i had stuff that people like....... i'd post up shitloads of my models :(

[/b][/quote]
:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:
:roflmao: mad, how many times have you heard someone complain about your models? i think everything that you have posted, everybody like it.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by scla90044+Oct 4 2003, 10:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scla90044 @ Oct 4 2003, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad [email protected] 4 2003, 10:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--scla90044
@Oct 4 2003, 08:57 PM

:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:
:roflmao: mad, how many times have you heard someone complain about your models? i think everything that you have posted, everybody like it.[/b][/quote]
just the usual haters but i guess they dont really count now do they? :biggrin:

cool thanx man! :thumbsup:

hey, i have a couple those old pics of of your stuff that you lost saved on here somewheres if i find them i'll send them to you or something ;) i know i have the limo on back bumper for sure. and i have the red thing 3 wheeled up on its side saved someplace too ;)

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by 64_impalas@Oct 4 2003, 10:51 PM
if ya wanna smoothin up ya shell , i use steal wool , works better than sandpaper and dont scratch as much :cool: :cool:
xxx or xxxx steel wool also works great for dulling the sidewalls on tires!

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Easy way to make headliners, hood insulation, or blower blankets.
Get a non-quilted paper towel. Lay it over the part you want covered, then liberally wet it with a mix of water (30%) and white glue (70%). Let it dry for a full day, gently remove from the part, trim to size, paint with a flat paint, and then reattach to the model.

scaledreams.com

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
To remove imperfections in your painted bodies such as tape lines, hazing of the paint from tape when used to spray another color over the base color, etc.. Instead of using fine sand papers or rubbing compounds to remove these imperfections, try using a wash cloth and a paper towel. First take the wash cloth and use it to blend the area of concern by rubbing it as you would with sand paper. Be patient, it takes some time but the result will be worth it. The best part is you will not rub through the paint at easily. You will end up with a finish that will appear to be slightly dull and have some fine scratches as if the paint has buffer burn. Now take the paper towel and use it to polish the painted surface by rubbing the area quickly in a left to right motion. You will start to notice that the scratches and dull areas will start to disappear and the paint will blend back to the original shine. Continue to polish as needed until all the paint is blended to the desired shine. The paper towel also works will by itself as a polishing cloth. The best thing about this technique is that your not really removing as much paint as with sandpaper, but blending the paint back into the existing paint.

scaledreams.com

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It would be nice if their was a single website where we could contribute diferent techniques and ideas so we would not have keep doing this once and a while on this forum. And so people could check that site before asking common questions. Don't get me wrong, I like helping people but sometimes I just get tired of seeing the same questions over and over again and for myself I don't like asking questions which might have been covered already but it is very hard to check right now with the search feature turnd off on this forum.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
hey scratch,
if you have any tips tricks ect email them to me and i'll put them up in my tech section of my website. im working away on the site still getting it ready. im trying to make it a really good site thats why its taking so long people. ;)

speaking of sites, check out the club site too.... i added some more of the newer members last nite. More too come :puffin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts