LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i was thinking about putting something like that (but smaller) on my 58 rc. but i think titanium would be way cooler. white sparks. how would you cut one of those to make it smaller?

Last edited by babybikeboi2 at Dec 16 2003, 11:33 AM

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
hey sratchbuilder where do you think you could find one of those? canadian tire? and u just used spark weling sparker flints right? do they grind down realy fast? i had some but all i realy did with em was scrape em on sandpaper.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This idea will not work. I went to a sporting goods store last night and found that Magnesium Fire Starting Tool. The package said the magnesium bar will only spark and burn if you shave it into small parts first then after you have a small pile of magnesium shavings then you expose it to a small spark from the provided flint which comes with the tool then the pile of magnesum will start to burn. So I guess flint is not magnesium after all but somthing different.

And to answer babybikeboi2's question. What I use right now are welding starter flints which are used to start a welder's flame. They can be bought at any hardware store. They do last long but I was wanting to find a bigger spark somthing more like a scrape plate which could cover more area.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes when I scrape the back bumper I do get more sparks with just using weldier flints. But I want more sparks, more sparks I say, more.. More... MORE.....Muu...Ha...Ha...Ha....Ha....Ha....ha....a....a..

I found the magnesum fire starter kit at a spoting goods place called Big 5 Sporting Goods. It was 6 dollars. Mabe I will go back and buy it just to try and see if it will work or not but I don't think it will after reading the directions.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Dec 17 2003, 09:46 PM

I found the magnesum fire starter kit at a spoting goods place called Big 5 Sporting Goods. It was 6 dollars. Mabe I will go back and buy it just to try and see if it will work or not but I don't think it will after reading the directions.
well it might work. but it would have to get hot first

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Dec 17 2003, 01:46 PM
Yes when I scrape the back bumper I do get more sparks with just using weldier flints. But I want more sparks, more sparks I say, more.. More... MORE.....Muu...Ha...Ha...Ha....Ha....Ha....ha....a....a..

yeah cool, but did u try scraping the block on the ground?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts