LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im jsut trying to find small valves. i have 1/2 smcs in my other car, but for my 53 i want it slowwer. like 1.5 lift/drop time. i know air ride tech has some manifold valves that are relatively slow, but like hell im paying their prices. any ideas?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Would you consider going 1/4" valves all around? I think thats the best way to a slower system.

·
Registered
317 Posts
when i had 1/4" it was a lot slower than 1.5 seconds, it was painfully slow to lift lol and not much better to drop, that was with manual valves so the orifice inside the valve was much smaller than 1/4". it never leaked though! why not just go 3/8" and just run air to all the valves using just one line off the tank, that way they have to share a line when you want to lift so it'll slow it down? dunno, just throwin ideas out there

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
how about do everything 3/8, since its the most common and about the cheapest. you could do 1 of 2 things....

1. put a slow down in the line for the bags (after all the valves) this will controll both the lift and drop speed.

2. put a slow down between the air tank and the valves, so it only affects the lift speed. then get smc adjustable drop slowdowns for the dump valve. (dunno the exact name, but suicidedoors.com sells them)

·
Registered
49 Posts
check out the Digital Stealth Valve, it's from slam specialties it will give you the best of both worlds fast and slow I got these in 3/4 and they work good I can send you a vid of fast and slow if you want.

slam specialties

just click on valves and then more information and it'll tell you about them, it dont matter what size line you got on slo, but fast will depend on your lines

·
Registered
36 Posts
Use 3/8" smc's they are respectibly slow and really reliable.... I've never had one fuck up and I've sold tons of them. Run the with 3/8" line and you'll have a perfect setup..

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those digital slams are nice, but not 77 dollars a piece nice. what i thought about doing is run 3/8 smcs but use 1/4 line.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i'd run a 3/8 setup, with ball valves between the tank and valves that way you can dial in how fast the air flows to the bags, then put some of that adjustable mufflers on the dumps you could dial it in to be as fast as a 3/8 system, or as slow as to he point of not lifting :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts