LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its in pretty good condition, is there a dye that I can use? or should I just rip off the vinyl?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Is the paint pretty durable and chip resistant? We all have seen those dashes and plastic pieces that have been painted and look worse because the chip easily..

·
Registered
78 Posts
the paint is durable is flexible specially made for plastics and vinyl pieces doesnt chip unless messed with its all about prep in it right before painting of course if u scatch it hard enough with sharp object the paint will chip off otherwise its good ive had my dash painted for more than year in hard sun its still looks the same

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by ESE TAPPAS@Sep 30 2005, 08:15 AM~3915118
the paint is durable is flexible specially made for plastics and vinyl pieces doesnt chip unless messed with its all about prep in it right before painting of course if u scatch it hard enough with sharp object the paint will chip off otherwise its good ive had my dash painted for more than year in hard sun its still looks the same

can you post a pic for me please?

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
SEM PAINT :cool:

WORKS GREAT....IF YOU HAVE A SPECIAL COLOR(THAT DOESN'T COME IN A CAN) YOU CAN HAVE IT MIXED AT THE PAINT SUPPLY...JUST PREP REAL GOOD

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
parasol also makes vinyl dye.....good stuff.....i used to spray it through an airbrush and would have used it on my little brothers towncar but we just said fuck it and went with sem

sem will be cheaper

·
Registered
78 Posts
buy the plastic/ vinly prep wash the surface real good soap and water dry then make sure no water on surface apply prep then the adhesive promoter and then the paint its a 3 step process all from sem

·
Registered
169 Posts
Do they make a product to repair a cracked dash before repainting it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts