LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I want to paint my diecast Chevelle organic green from House of Kolor and since this is my first paintjob I don't have any supplies. So I decided to get Ultra mini flake, kandy organic green but don't know what to use as a base coat. I want the final color to look like this


I also need some clear and primer, which one's are your favorite to use and have best results. Thanx for your time, Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,227 Posts
YOU NEED TO GET A LACUER BASED PRIMER AND SOME FINE METALLIC SILVER TO BASE COAT WITH. WHAT I WOULD DO IS PRIMER, SHOOT A ORGANIC GREEN WITH FLAKES BASE (NOT CANDY), THEN SHOOT THE CANDY ORGANIC GREEN AND CLEAR. IT WILL GIVE YOU A DEEP COLOR. CLEAN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Models IV Life@Aug 5 2003, 01:21 PM
YOU NEED TO GET A LACUER BASED PRIMER AND SOME FINE METALLIC SILVER TO BASE COAT WITH. WHAT I WOULD DO IS PRIMER, SHOOT A ORGANIC GREEN WITH FLAKES BASE (NOT CANDY), THEN SHOOT THE CANDY ORGANIC GREEN AND CLEAR. IT WILL GIVE YOU A DEEP COLOR. CLEAN.
I can't find a non kandy organic green. Would a LIMETIME PEARL (LIME GREEN) or GREEN SOLID (MED GREEN) do the job ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,227 Posts
Originally posted by BoOtY_SnAtChA+Aug 5 2003, 10:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BoOtY_SnAtChA @ Aug 5 2003, 10:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Models IV Life@Aug 5 2003, 01:21 PM
YOU NEED TO GET A LACUER BASED PRIMER AND SOME FINE METALLIC SILVER TO BASE COAT WITH. WHAT I WOULD DO IS PRIMER, SHOOT A ORGANIC GREEN WITH FLAKES BASE (NOT CANDY), THEN SHOOT THE CANDY ORGANIC GREEN AND CLEAR. IT WILL GIVE YOU A DEEP COLOR. CLEAN.
I can't find a non kandy organic green. Would a LIMETIME PEARL (LIME GREEN) or GREEN SOLID (MED GREEN) do the job ?[/b][/quote]
WHAT BRAND OF O.G GREEN DID YOU GET? IF ITS HOK THEN THEY MAKE A OG GREEN WITH FLAKE THATS NOT A CANDY FOR BASES. IF NOT THEN I WOULD MIX THE FLAKE IN WITH THE MED GREEN AND SHOOT THAT OVER BLACK PRIMER, THEN SHOOT THE CANDY OVER THAT. THE CANDY MUST BE SHOT FROM SIDE TO SIDE WITH NO STOPS IN BETWEEN. CANDY IS VERY TRICKY. THEN USE A GOOD CLEAR LIKE HOK'S OR PPG. SOMEONE POSTED UP A CLEAR THAT YOU CAN BUY AT AUTOZONE AND PEPBOYS THAT HE SWORE WAS GOOD CLEAR. I DONT REMEMBER THE NAME THOUGH. I THINK HE SAID IT CAME IN A RED AND BLACK CAN AND SAY'S "KANDY APPLE/METALLIC CLEAR'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,670 Posts


I did this pretty much the exact way as people been telling you. Diecast Navi, scuffed down the black paint a little and primed it, Silver base, candy organic green with silver flake mixed in, then clear. It was my first candy job, all HOK. What color is the model painted in? I've painted nail polish using the original paint as a base, might save you a step if HOK doesn't attack the paint

K. Diaz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
The green base that looked good to me was HoK Planet Green. Then the Organic over that, but since homie is in Canada, I don't know how easy it is to find it there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Models IV Life+Aug 5 2003, 04:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Models IV Life @ Aug 5 2003, 04:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 10:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Models IV Life
@Aug 5 2003, 01:21 PM
YOU NEED TO GET A LACUER BASED PRIMER AND SOME FINE METALLIC SILVER TO BASE COAT WITH. WHAT I WOULD DO IS PRIMER, SHOOT A ORGANIC GREEN WITH FLAKES BASE (NOT CANDY), THEN SHOOT THE CANDY ORGANIC GREEN AND CLEAR. IT WILL GIVE YOU A DEEP COLOR. CLEAN.

I can't find a non kandy organic green. Would a LIMETIME PEARL (LIME GREEN) or GREEN SOLID (MED GREEN) do the job ?
WHAT BRAND OF O.G GREEN DID YOU GET? IF ITS HOK THEN THEY MAKE A OG GREEN WITH FLAKE THATS NOT A CANDY FOR BASES. IF NOT THEN I WOULD MIX THE FLAKE IN WITH THE MED GREEN AND SHOOT THAT OVER BLACK PRIMER, THEN SHOOT THE CANDY OVER THAT. THE CANDY MUST BE SHOT FROM SIDE TO SIDE WITH NO STOPS IN BETWEEN. CANDY IS VERY TRICKY. THEN USE A GOOD CLEAR LIKE HOK'S OR PPG. SOMEONE POSTED UP A CLEAR THAT YOU CAN BUY AT AUTOZONE AND PEPBOYS THAT HE SWORE WAS GOOD CLEAR. I DONT REMEMBER THE NAME THOUGH. I THINK HE SAID IT CAME IN A RED AND BLACK CAN AND SAY'S "KANDY APPLE/METALLIC CLEAR'[/b][/quote]
Alright I found Organic green basecoat from HoK, so this will do ? Here's a chart and thanx for everything.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
HOK green basecoat "planet green"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what I should do is spray primer then put metallic silver base on then non kandy organic green or (planet green) then spray on the kandy organic green then clear ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,227 Posts
Originally posted by BoOtY_SnAtChA@Aug 6 2003, 04:15 PM
So what I should do is spray primer then put metallic silver base on then non kandy organic green or (planet green) then spray on the kandy organic green then clear ?
NO PUT THE FLAKES IN THE NON-KANDY GREEN BECAUSE IF ITS NOT TRANSPARENT THEN PUTTING THE SILVER BASE WONT SHOW THRU AFTER YOU SPRAY THE ORGANIC GREEN BASE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah that's what I meant just didn't come out right, thanks



Last edited by BoOtY_SnAtChA at Aug 6 2003, 08:10 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Armando Ranflitas@Aug 6 2003, 08:04 PM
What kind of paints are you working with Booty-snatcha???
Don't have any paints right now, im ordering things from online that's why im asking so many questions kuz I wanna get things straight and not make a mistake and have to order again



Last edited by BoOtY_SnAtChA at Aug 6 2003, 08:12 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
orale, so are you ordering House of Kolor paints??
You can also try some testors paints. They have some transparent colors that you can spray over their metallics. That might be a good way to start and a lot cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ill try that next time, wanna make this one kinda show, gonna paint everything, and I just received my chrome and gold plater so there's gonna be a lot of parts plated !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
993 Posts
Originally posted by BoOtY_SnAtChA@Aug 6 2003, 08:39 PM
I just received my chrome and gold plater so there's gonna be a lot of parts plated !
what does that mean?

do u have a chrome plater?
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top