LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car was painted a couple of months ago and it doesnt have the glass look I want. I dont want to do any sanding unless i reclear it because i am not sure how much he sprayed on it. I have waxed the car twice since i got it back. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Wash with dish detergent several times and let dry.pull into the shop and wipe with wax grease remover,scuff with 400- 800g .tape the car and spray your clear

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
LIke stated above,wash with wax and grease remover,and wetsand with 600-800 grit on a foam backer pad,re-shoot.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
just try to cut and buff you ride. wet sand with 3000 grit and use compand. i use 3m compound. three steps and ur done. looks good

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just try to cut and buff you ride. wet sand with 3000 grit and use compand. i use 3m compound. three steps and ur done. looks good
there is about a one inch spot on a crease that looks dull. I dont think there is enough for that. what kind of detergant should I use, comet our ajax?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys this did help. this is my daily so i think i will do it next weekend if i can finish cleaning out my garage. im thinking wash a few times with dawn, wax and grease remover, wet sand with 800, wax and grease remover again, tac it and i should be fine. i am just real worried about the wax.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
there is about a one inch spot on a crease that looks dull. I dont think there is enough for that. what kind of detergant should I use, comet our ajax?
lol, not trying to make fun of you but that was pretty funny....... thats if you were talking about those dry powder or paste abrasive ones....

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
lol, not trying to make fun of you but that was pretty funny....... thats if you were talking about those dry powder or paste abrasive ones....
was thinking the same thing :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have actually seen someone use the powder and a scothbrite to clean a car before a repaint but that was before primer. he said it was to help clean old wax oil and grease that was on the old paint. then again the guy was a douche bag so i guess that should have told me something.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
i have actually seen someone use the powder and a scothbrite to clean a car before a repaint but that was before primer. he said it was to help clean old wax oil and grease that was on the old paint. then again the guy was a douche bag so i guess that should have told me something.
The old painter @ my work used to prep new plastic bumpers with ajax and a grey scotchbrite pad,guess it scuffed up good,but to me,too much mess and clean up.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
im always having that argument with painters about preping new bumpers with a scotch pad. ive never done it, and ive literally painted thousands of new bumper covers without once having scotch brited them. never had one flake off yet. just use a plastic cleaning solution then plastic prime, top coat bombs away

1 - 13 of 13 Posts