LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start to paint cars soon but what type of compressor and gun should i get ..................................i want to know how do u guys make designs ........what type of pasking paper to get>?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im takeing one at skool but it starts the third term of the year..............but i wanna paint soon

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok........... wats the usual ratio for paint to thinner or harderner?

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
thats all stuff you'll learn. it varies from product to product. lots of guys on here will recommend different guns for different applications,but starting out I dont think you'll even feel that much of a difference between guns. as far as painting goes, I'd say you need a good 1 or 2 solid color jobs before going to patterns. I liked to practice on little things,but to tell you the truth, that helps you with all the techniques except actually how to paint a whole car. so if you wanna practive patterns, tape out methods, fades, etc, try that on the small stuff, but dont except to transfer all that over tol a car just as easily.

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
Originally posted by michaels29@Sep 14 2006, 06:31 AM~6169937
i would start with either ppg or duponts bc/cc line if you have ppg available start with there (omni mbc) line it 50/50 paint to thinner mix and there clear is 2 to 1 mix easy cheap and looks good if applied right. :biggrin:

ps dupont works also just more $$$$
Dammmmmm i like that bootie on your index pic did u shoot clear over it :cool:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
OK....HERES WHAT IM DOING MAN....I DON'T START SCHOOL TELL JANUARY BUT I WANT UP TO BORDERS AND BOUGHT 3 BOOKS UNDER $30.I BEEN READING THAM LIKE CRAZY & HAVE LEARN'ED ALOT TO HOMIE BUT SHIT TRY TO START OFF WITH A SINGEL COLOR THAN WORK YOUR WAY UP TO PATTERNS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts