LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if ya have some pm me with what you have and a price..baseball and football is what iam mainly intrested in, but open to all..buying 1 card to 10,000 cards
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,784 Posts
Originally posted by bluepitlovers@Sep 15 2006, 11:01 PM~6183825
if ya have some pm me with what you have and a price..baseball and football is what iam mainly intrested in, but open to all..buying 1 card to 10,000 cards
i have a whole box full of all cards..remember them big head baseball cards from back in the day like julio franco,ricky henderson and all them old players...i have like the hole set of them along with some babe ruths and mickey mantle's but those aren't for sale unless the price is right :biggrin: but i will sell all the rest of them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I have like 5 binders full of old cards, no idea whats in it, no idea how many.. around 4000+ cards though. I tried to get into the sport card thing but itn ever worked out. If you're intereseted i could get pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by sk8ter_in_ny@Sep 15 2006, 09:21 PM~6183940
I have like 5 binders full of old cards, no idea whats in it, no idea how many.. around 4000+ cards though. I tried to get into the sport card thing but itn ever worked out. If you're intereseted i could get pics.
please get pics or if ya have a scanner send a few sheets, and pm me your asking price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by NEXT LEVEL@Sep 15 2006, 09:20 PM~6183935
i have a whole box full of all cards..remember them big head baseball cards from back in the day like julio franco,ricky henderson and all them old players...i have like the hole set of them along with some babe ruths and mickey mantle's but those aren't for sale unless the price is right :biggrin: but i will sell all the rest of them
let me know what you have up for sale homie, and your asking price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pending on years, say 1965 topps football i would buy all.. then 1974 topps baseball i would only buy a few..so let me know for them all, besides mantle and ruth :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,051 Posts
i think i got a binder of garbage pail kids u intersted homie :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
i mite hav som early 90's ......i had a jordon or two and som nex crazy ones. i got a shoe box full from my cusin who passt away it was his
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by bluepitlovers@Sep 15 2006, 10:01 PM~6183825
if ya have some pm me with what you have and a price..baseball and football is what iam mainly intrested in, but open to all..buying 1 card to 10,000 cards
You interested in stuff like this?



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by bluepitlovers@Sep 17 2006, 09:42 PM~6193314
nice collection
Thanks, this is just Hank Aaron stuff (besides the balls) i have boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of 80's-early 90's stuff at my parents house, i dont even know what ive got anymore. I used to collect back in the day, but stopped around my junior year in high school when i got my first car, spent all my money on cars since then, lol. Another reason i stopped is because they were coming out with soooo many different sets it was getting rediculous, i remember when wax packs used to be 50 cents, not $5, lol.... kinda killed it for me i guess.

On a related note... do you know very much about all this "card grading" stuff where you send your cards in to some place to have them professionally graded??? Seems like to sell anything youve got to have it graded these days, back when i collected they didnt have all of that crap. But ive been told that i should have a few of my Aaron's graded, i just dont know anything about it.

Damn, ill shut up...im starting to feel old! :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
My favorite 80's players that i never traded away were Roger Clemens, Kirby Puckett, Rickey Henderson, Don Mattingly, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen..... but as far as the old cards go.... I collected Aaron. I have every Aaron card Topps made, plus tons of the weird ones like the ones that were on the backs of macaronni and cheese boxes, cereal boxes, bottle caps, playing cards, bats and balls, Hartland figures, the long skinny card in the pic took me a couple of years to find, its a Rookie card from Johnston Cookies that was only distributed in the Milwaukee area in boxes of cookies in 1954.

Heres a few of my favorite ones. The ones ive been told to get graded are the 55, one of the 56's, and the 60...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
Jason graded cards are only good on older cards and newer "stars" (newer any grades below 9 nrmt/mt aren't much) any grade above a 6 on older cards can bring much more money.....never knew you had all that shit or back in the day when you was always coming up to james' could have hooked u up when my uncle had his shop and was sending his cards out to get graded.......


The only grading services worth a shit are Beckett and PSA btw
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info... so on old cards graded 6 and up go for at least the prices listed in the price guides? What guide is the most popular price guide these days... back then it was Beckett.... (sorry if these are stupid questions, but ive been out of card collecting for like 12 or 13 years now). Shit i still have all of those old Beckett mags in a box..... i remember when they came out with the basketball Beckett it had Jordan on the cover and i bought several copies and put them up, i forgot all about them. Man, i have all kinds of weird shit.... ive got Micheal Jordan candy, Wheaties boxes, Starting Line-up figures, you name it.... shit, ive even got some old Ken Griffey Jr. candy bars, i bet they are all melted now since they are probably in a box in the attic of my parents house!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
Yea Beckett is still pretty much the main price guide. 6's on anything 60 and older "usually" bring close to book value if not more just depending on the buyer. I have a shitload of weird shit too, my uncle would always give me and my brother little weird things that he would pick up at different shows. I've got some of the griffey candy bars too, the ones in the yellow wrappers,lol, funny stuff. I got about 6 89 UD rookies of his too, shame he flopped for all those years and they ain't worth shit really now. But its all good I got 5 Jeter Sp rookies waiting for him to get MVP this year....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by CaptainNasty@Sep 17 2006, 11:22 PM~6194147
Yea Beckett is still pretty much the main price guide.  6's on anything 60 and older "usually" bring close to book value if not more just depending on the buyer.  I have a shitload of weird shit too, my uncle would always give me and my brother little weird things that he would pick up at different shows. I've got some of the griffey candy bars too, the ones in the yellow wrappers,lol, funny stuff.  I got about 6 89 UD rookies of his too, shame he flopped for all those years and they ain't worth shit really now.  But its all good I got 5 Jeter Sp rookies waiting for him to get MVP this year....
Ive got one candy bar with a yellow wrapper and one with a blue wrapper, they are kinda rectangle shaped and flat right? And yea, the UD Griffey Jr was THE card to have back about the time i got out of collecting.... they were going for like $100 or something werent they? Now they are just a few bucks i guess??? The same thing happened with the 86 Donruss Jose Canseco rookie...... lol. I never got caught holding too many cards like that because i always sold or traded whatever card was "hot" at the time.... if it wasnt Jordan or Aaron, i really didnt care.

Thanks for the info on the grading though.... MrImpala keeps telling me to send em in too.... i guess maybe i should look into it then, at least for the 55 and the 60..... i guess this 58 (on the right) isnt too bad..... how much does it cost per card to get graded?



 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top