LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if they make those ice cream trucks like the one in the movie Friday or that chevy/gmc trtuck and where can I get it
thanks

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac@Dec 8 2003, 06:41 PM
does anyone know if they make those ice cream trucks like the one in the movie Friday or that chevy/gmc trtuck and where can I get it
thanks
There was a Dannon Yoghurt promo style delivery truck that is a little like that, but they go for pretty big coin. That's about it. Maybe just make it out of sheet plastic, put it on a S-10 frame maybe?

K. Diaz

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I remember Jimmy Flintstone or no wait I think it was actually a Testors resin kit from a couple years ago. It was an old school ice cream truck from like the 50's & remember thinking of making the Cheech & Chong "Nice Dreams" truck out of it.

You could do the scratchbuild thing based off the Tamiya Astro Van too, or even maybe that Chevy Custom Van reissue kit available now. Cut from the cab & scratch it

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys,but how would I go about doing the front like the lights and stuff,how come they never produce the models we need all I see is muscle cars and the 50th impala comming out,you know what?maybe the scooby doo van would work,no?
if anyoe have the body and lights for it,how much would u sell it for?

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
the thing is basically a box, i thought about doing it for a while, finding one and taking some measurements. Lights are easy, just raid the parts box or make some out of plastic. Did you see that post in post your rides i think? good reference material. That testor's model is an old Divco truck, but Flintstone resin is basically a big resin brick. I think there was an old Divco promo too, and Ron Cash resin and All American resin may have made one, but guess what, those effers went out of business.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
312 Posts
They also have this diecast its at diecastmuscle.com...

·
Registered
312 Posts
hmm... I think the easiest thing to do would be to get a Fed Ex delivery truck thing, and cut that to size, and put it on like a s 10 chassis...Just my opinion...

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Dec 9 2003, 02:09 PM
I was thinking something like these.

that would be a cool idea :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by babybikeboi2+Dec 9 2003, 05:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (babybikeboi2 @ Dec 9 2003, 05:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Patrick@Dec 9 2003, 04:36 PM
here is a pic of a 1/43 diecast fed ex truck.
i think that would wrok pretty good, but i think you would probably want it in 1/24th scale eh 66pontiac?[/b][/quote]
yeah,it's too small i think im gonna make 1 out of the scooby doo van or other models.and Patrick is there a fedex van in 1/24 scale?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am not sure if they do, but Im gonna search for resin castings, they might make 'em in resin...

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Patrick@Dec 9 2003, 05:57 PM
I am not sure if they do, but Im gonna search for resin castings, they might make 'em in resin...
but the bad thing is that on the 1/43 scale you cant put HH rims on it or HH chassis or anything really,or it might be as big as a 1/24 scale car because its big,no?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts