LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if Ice Pearl would show up under a Kandy. If someones tried it tell me what you think. Also if anyone has a picture of this post it. Thanks!

T

·
0 Posts
sorry pics are not the best , but heres a stang i did using Ice Pearls, laid jus a simple baby blue base, no metalics, shot patterns then 3 coats of HOK White Ice , looks more like silver.......then top coated it with HOK Oreintal blue Kandy...looked good, got a few paint awards here locally and Gumout liked it enough to use for there ad,......i like how it pops like flake when light hits it but is invisable elsewise, not like how flake is always visable........

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's really amazing how much life it adds to almost any color -

I was like...$70 for this little jar? But a little goes a long way. It really bangs under candy, too

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ToXiC_FuMeS@Sep 21 2005, 11:15 AM~3857002
sorry pics are not the best , but heres a stang i did using Ice Pearls, laid jus a simple baby blue base, no metalics, shot patterns then 3 coats of HOK White Ice , looks more like silver.......then top coated it with HOK Oreintal blue Kandy...looked good, got a few paint awards here locally and Gumout liked it enough to use for there ad,......i like how it pops like flake when light hits it but is invisable elsewise, not like how flake is always visable........
I love the hood. :thumbsup: Thanks for the info. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by quiklids@Sep 21 2005, 08:32 PM~3861277
It's really amazing how much life it adds to almost any color -

I was like...$70 for this little jar?  But a little goes a long way.  It really bangs under candy, too
I think that smart shoppers has it for $60. Your not still painting those helmets are you quicklids? :uh: :biggrin:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know this is the site for lows...I just love paint...bear with me

Yeah 61...'fraid I'm still painting helmets!

I paint aircraft, too tho...here's a pic of the last one we just finished before the Reno air races...and the helmet I did...kandy cobalt blue over charcoal chrome base...bright yellow lettering with orange fade. Silver, medium blue and dark blue metallics, H of K bright blue pinstriping and details. DuPont 2600S clearcoats, colorsanded and flowcoated with two more coats. Just a dusting of white ice pearl in the clear. [attachmentid=286192][attachmentid=286203]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by quiklids@Sep 22 2005, 10:33 PM~3869015
I know this is the site for lows...I just love paint...bear with me
Yeah 61...'fraid I'm still painting helmets!

I paint aircraft, too tho...here's a pic of the last one we just finished before the Reno air races...and the helmet I did...kandy cobalt blue over charcoal chrome base...bright yellow lettering with orange fade.  Silver, medium blue and dark blue metallics, H of K bright blue pinstriping and details.  DuPont 2600S clearcoats, colorsanded and flowcoated with two more coats.  Just a dusting of white ice pearl in the clear. [attachmentid=286192][attachmentid=286203]
Awsome! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

I like the graphics on the plane.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Originally posted by ToXiC_FuMeS@Sep 21 2005, 11:15 AM~3857002
DAM BRO THATS A NICE PAINT JOB I REMEMBER SEEING THE HOOD AND WANTED TO SEE THE REST GOOD WORK

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by ToXiC_FuMeS@Sep 21 2005, 12:15 PM~3857002

Hes 100% right..with pearls you don't see it like with flake in the shade...i me and my homie just did a 96 impala SS ,Black base,diamond white pearl,candy brandy wine on top..it looks black in the shade but in the sun the pearl pops at you and is a dark,dark deep red....looks great!

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
yes. Thats what i had on my green fleetwood :0 And i have a jar of red i dont need if you have any use for it.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Originally posted by Big Doe@Sep 25 2005, 12:21 AM~3878274
yes. Thats what i had on my green fleetwood  :0  And i have a jar of red i dont need if you have any use for it.
How much you want for the jar ?

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Originally posted by KandyRedLac@Sep 24 2005, 07:23 PM~3878278
How much you want for the jar ?
45 shipped. I took about 2 spoon fulls out. You could do 2 cars with what is left or load it up on one car depends on how u do it but it goes a long way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts