LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Layitlow is dying (was here since 2002-2012 and came back and it’s dead) so let’s bring it back with some good builds and real talk here. All that aside here’s my project. I’m redoing my rag trey. Full interior, redoing setup, lots more chrome and gold, maybe LS swap digi dash etc and can’t decide if I should fully repaint the car. I was thinking of doing a homage to one of the rides I idolized growing up that Ice Cube always came to mind when thought of. I.E. the Boyz N The Hood car, Hectors Friday car, and of course my favorite the 64 SS from It was a good day video but a trey version. Otherwise if I got the right offer I would sell my trey and do a 64 SS Good day video car twin. The cars name is Ice Trey since I was trying to do a 63 version of the Ice Cube car in the video. Just never added the white interior and top yet. Any suggestions and input along the way will be great. Might be slow as I’m prob gonna wanna roll this spring and summer and don’t wanna have the car too far apart since I plan on full frame paint, chrome molded suspension, full wrap instead of just stress points, skirts so either a ford 9 or Toyota rear end (cant decide someone help me) and a lot more. Currently has 2 pump 10 batts with a piston to the nose but I think I wanna go 3 pump maybe 4 and make the car able to swang when I need to. Car has factory power options like windows tilt and accessories as well as ones uninstalled yet. Boyz in hood car I will do if I go LS swap since I’d shave the firewall and repaint a lot anyways. And shoot it a nice Champagne color. With a fawn or tan interior matching top, Friday car I’m just gonna match my interior to the current paint which is a candy version of the factory color the car was with lighter greens and black fades and there is a factory green interior like the Friday 63 has that matches my paint I’d get that and a green stayfast top. And the Good day of course is just redoing the interior white white white and a white stayfast top and adding more gold trim. What do you guys think would look best? How should Ice Trey look in the end? Decisions decisions...

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
I‘ve always liked 63 impalas. Honestly, if it were my car, I would do it traditional style with Silver Blue poly paint, blue stock interior, matching blue ragtop, all chrome 72 spoke straight lace wheels etc. when you fix up an impala traditional style with og paint, interior etc you can’t go wrong and you never have to redo your car because it will never get played out. It’s timeless. But if you really want to do one of the 3 schemes you described, I say go with the Boyz in the hood theme. It has more of a classy look. It’s also more timeless than the other 2 schemes.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Out of those three, I am definitely partial to the car from Boyz in the hood... I know I could never get sick of seeing that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts