LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am adding dump lines to my valves to the outside of the car cuz it's too quiet inside the trunk (damn insulated lincoln trunks)..

i got 3/8"pipe thread to 1/2" hose PUSHLOCKS to run my dump lines. Will BOTH inner, AND outter diameter air line fit into these pushlocks? or will pushlocks only accomadate one or the other.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
a 1/2 line side of the push to lock only takes 1/2 line
as it goes for 3/8, and 5/8

the 3/8 npt side is the threaded side, then 1/2 line side, where only the right line fight in it. how ever the 1/2 lines ID is 3/8....if that info helps

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im pretty new to this, and im kinda lost, but kinda understood some of that.
here's what i can tell you i have right now.

push to lock: 3/8"pipethread with 1/2" line side
air line: 1/2" I.D (1/2" NPT)

or do i need to buy 3/8" I.D airline to fit the 1/2" line side of my push to lock

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 29 2005, 08:59 PM~3715680
a 1/2 line side of the push to lock only takes 1/2 line
as it goes for 3/8, and 5/8
the 3/8 npt side is the threaded side, then 1/2 line side, where only the right line fight in it. how ever the 1/2 lines ID is 3/8....if that info helps
you just compounded the confusion in this situation.

what mark was trying to say, is, tubing is sized by it's OD, while hose is sized by it's ID.

The fitting you have are designed to accept 1/2" tube. (which, will have a 3/8 ID usually, assuming it is DOT like of the correct with a 0.0625" thick wall., but that is neither here nor there in this discussion)

the DOT like that is common in air suspension installations is by definition, tubing, so you will need to use 1/2" tubing in these fittings.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
thank you dan! i guess all i wanted to say was, you use what it says it uses

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey. The other day I saw on ebay 1/2" tubing for $29 for 50 feet, plus $23 for shipping and handling. I just found that a little expensive. I bought all my lines at a truck brake service place. The 1/2" D.O.T lines were for 8 cents a foot. Also 1/4" D.O.T were going for 5 cents a foot. I dont know where most people buy their lines and fittings. But sometimes the bargain is closest to home then ever :)
Just thought I would give you guys heads up.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by AirRide@Aug 29 2005, 10:45 PM~3717753
Hey. The other day I saw on ebay 1/2" tubing for $29 for 50 feet, plus $23 for shipping and handling. I just found that a little expensive. I bought all my lines at a truck brake service place. The 1/2" D.O.T lines were for 8 cents a foot. Also 1/4" D.O.T were going for 5 cents a foot. I dont know where most people buy their lines and fittings. But sometimes the bargain is closest to home then ever :)
Just thought I would give you guys heads up.
Damn! Where was that bro? :0

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Aug 30 2005, 02:59 PM~3720645
Damn!  Where was that bro?  :0
If you go to any truck shops. It's prefered if you go to a Brake truck shop. They are mad cheap. I was amaized :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts