LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the 559 area that does sidejobs for hydro installs. I'm getting quoted 3 g's to do a simple 2 pump/4 dump setup in Fresno. I know probably not a great place to ask but I'm looking for alternatives. Help...................................

·
Registered
709 Posts
it also depends on what there willing to do for 3g's if there gonna reinforce the stress points if your buying the set-up how many batts what were they willing to do for 3g's?

·
Registered
126 Posts
So hydros are more messy and more geometry is involved so I would look for someone to do it at about 12-1700 MAX thats what I would charge if I was aware of hydros enough...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Straight cylinder and no reverse flows. 4 battery's and some accumlators for the fronts. How much reinforceing would I need to do. I just want to do Front and Back and maybe some scrape plates for the road.

·
Registered
709 Posts
if you really care about the car i would get if fully wrapped then again if all you wanna do is just go up and down just get the stress points like the rear arches under your doors the rear axle and the belly and extend ur a-arms an inch that should be enough for now, But we all started off with a low voltage set-up and said i just wanna go up and down then one day we all got CLOWNED and said i need more batteries and bigger hoses more pumps bigger springs the HOPPING bug is very contagious once you've been bitten you just wanna get higher and higher. and for 3g's they should give you more than 4 batt's who quoted you that price?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear what your saying. My cousin has a 61 impala with a 2 pump/6 battery/8'' all around setup and he was telling me it wasn't enough and that he wanted more batterys and do the slip yoke so he could do some serious 3 wheel. The place that quoted that price was in Fresno called Fab-Worx. They told me they would throw in some charger that runs off the alternator but has to specifically made to the voltage and I would never have to charge the battery's. Called some other places and got the same $$. I know if you want to play you got to pay. Tight budget though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never installed them. I have access to a blow torch and welder and mig but don't have the knowledge to do it right. Shit one time on it and I'd probably get the hang of it. I'm a real quick learner. I'd have to see one done up from start to finish. But whose got the time to teach nowadays. And besides how would I compress the springs on the struts?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Man there is ghetto ways to everything. You have to use your head rather than trying to figure out what someone else has done before you to do the same task. This may sound stupid to others but when I take the springs out of my stuts I plan to conpress them with a jack (still on the car) Put a chain around thoughs bitchs and then torch the spring perch... How to get my chain back, well I will figure that one out later, haha. Anyhow, when working with a budget its great to learn and do it yourself. Then you can fix problems when things break. you can spend HALF that money if you do it yourself and you always have scrap metal laying around...

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
He's got struts. It will take some fab work to do it right.
I hear that, I missed that part.

I still say do it yourself. You care more about doing a good job than anyone...if you have a welder,grinder and time......go for it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts