LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my dilema. I want to add 3 wheel motion but space is kill'n me. Its crowded as hell in my trunk and I want at least 1 more pump in the trunk and 2 more batteries. I drew out a diagram of how it looks now...I know its not perfect but you get the idea. Are there any suggestions of where I may be able to make this work?

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
What kind of car is this in?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just realized that I dont have that much space for four pumps...heres a better one LoL

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its an 87 Firebird, I really wanna get 72vlts back there..but I dont know it it'll happen...
Nice pic wayne! ;)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Move the 3 pumps to the middle of the top rack where you have the solenoids at. Then you just made room for about 4 more batts. Then it looks like there may be room for 1 maybe 2 between the four batts you have now. Move the solenoids to the front of the rack near the back trunk lid for easy access. Thats usually the way you would do it for space.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is not my car but here's another good idea on how much space I DONT have. Great Idea Chero...I could fit 3 pumps right across teh middle. But even when I do that I still cant squeeze another batt. up there. I was thinking about cutting away some of the plastic walls and recessing another batt. on each side in teh walls...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Yeah if you could take a pic of your system I could get a better idea of the space. Drawings are hard to visualize the real ares you have. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted to but the car is put away and no Digital camera...I was debating on whether or not to even post the damn topic but I was just look'n for ideas...thanks ;) Ill see what I can do

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
It looks like you're not using the well. I can get 4 Orbital batteries down there. Deep cycle Orbitals are 750cca and the regulars are 700cca. maybe you don't want to do that because of the low cca's. I'm pretty sure you can get 3 group 27's in that well.

I've seen the well hold batteries (3 or 4, your choice) and 2 pumps on top of those (where it looks like the level of your current batteries). i wouldn't put pumps on top of batteries myself because of charging, repair, and maintenance issues but it has been done.

Where your pumps are at, you should be able to get 4 pumps snuggly fit because there is roughly a 40" width and each pump and dump shouldn't be more than 10" wide depending on how you set it up.

6 pumps 9 batteries
Using Orbitals, you could get 4 in the well, 1 on the left side and 2 on the right side (where the spare tire) is for a total of 7 batteries and potentially get one more on each side depending on how you build and be able to get 9 batteries while still getting 2 pumps on top of the batteries and 4 pumps on the rear deck for a total of 6 pumps.

6 pumps 6 batteries
Using 27's, you can get in at least 6 batteriesand 6 pumps (as long as I'm correct about 3 in the well). This is what I know as possible.

4 pumps 6 batteries
But still even with how you have it set up right now, it looks like you can get at least 2 more batteries in the well under you current batteries and and 2 more pumps alongside the current ones.

You just need to have your car in front of you and you'll see that you have plenty of room in for your 3 pumps 6 batteries.

Last edited by caliswangin916 at Nov 17 2003, 10:16 AM

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
i would put all 6 batts straight across the very back, then mount 3 pumps up front at 45 degree angles with the tanks above the batts. I would look damn good too ;)

what kind of batts also? if trojans or similar, run them long ways instead of sideways, it will be a shorter distance if you understand what i am saying,,2 rows or 3 batts across

Last edited by [email protected] at Nov 17 2003, 01:13 PM

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I had to edit my earlier post because I was refering to Optima batteries when I meant Orbitals. Same size though.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]@Nov 17 2003, 09:11 AM
i would put all 6 batts straight across the very back, then mount 3 pumps up front at 45 degree angles with the tanks above the batts. I would look damn good too ;)

what kind of batts also? if trojans or similar, run them long ways instead of sideways, it will be a shorter distance if you understand what i am saying,,2 rows or 3 batts across
The dimensions on the pic aren't scale. There is a hatch pull down in the center, that's why there is a gap in between the batteries in the pic.

All of the plastic covering needs to go. I am replacing them with fabricated sides and rear made out of mdf then fiberglassing it and also add speakers, like how the 4th gen f bodies have it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts