LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 1 2003, 07:25 PM
ignition, best bang for the buck, rockers wont do crap if the plugs arent being lit good
makes sense to me, anybody else?
:biggrin:

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
msd is nice but mallory is a better buy, more for less everyone likes that.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Roller rockers aren't as good as you think. They wear out quicker than galled ball stamped steel ones. And they dont free up as much HP as you think. MSD (multiple spark discharge) imo seems to be compatible and has more options than Mallory. I have both systems and the Mallory has had alot of issues with their breakerless units. The best system to get for street and high performance is the 6AL unit with the soft touch rev limiter. Thats what I roll and it works really good. You can tell the different when you upgrade your ignition, especially in acceleration and top end.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have that one on the Chero. I paid $60 for the unit that goes into the distributor, and $50 for the chrome matching coil. Its just 2 wires that go to the coil and your done. That works pretty good too, but is more of a step off points and not totally performance based.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have both MSD 6AL and roller rockers. It would be a lot easier just to put on the ignition instead of the rockers. If you get a 6AL, put in a 6000 RPM pill to protect your engine from over-revving.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by peteypablo@Dec 3 2003, 11:18 PM
I have both MSD 6AL and roller rockers. It would be a lot easier just to put on the ignition instead of the rockers. If you get a 6AL, put in a 6000 RPM pill to protect your engine from over-revving.
is there any difference between the 6A and 6AL units besides the rev limiter?
:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
nothing else that I have found.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64+Dec 4 2003, 01:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (schmidt64 @ Dec 4 2003, 01:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--peteypablo@Dec 3 2003, 11:18 PM
I have both MSD 6AL and roller rockers.  It would be a lot easier just to put on the ignition instead of the rockers.  If you get a 6AL, put in a 6000 RPM pill to protect your engine from over-revving.
is there any difference between the 6A and 6AL units besides the rev limiter?
:biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Just the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts