LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay. this story is long, but for a good reason.

a few days ago i was down in pacific beach, sandiego, visiting a very good friend of mine while i was on leave. while i was driving, i hit a really serious bump and cracked my axel. it was still okay to drive, but not far and definaltey not back to 29 palms. so i called my club president, brandon, to see if he could help me. he tole me he knew of a gal in my area who had a really nice 65 mustang with bags, and had been lowriding for years. i called her and told her my situation, and immediately without hesitation, was willing to help me with my problem. so i went to her house, and she started making phone calls, and the next morning she made a phone call, and found New Image Customs, on university blvd, right down the street, to help me with my problem. so we bring my caddy to New Image Customs, and talk to lafyette, the owner, and a friend of mustangsalli's. even though they hadnt spoken in about 2 years he was still willing to help. he said come back the next day in the morning with my caddy and he would fix it. so i brought it there the next morning, and the dudes at new image, started to work, but the hard part was still to come. after mustangsalli (erin) got off work at about 1 we had to go to ecology junkyard and fish out a new axel. this was no easy feat mind you. all of the best donor caddy's had the locking hubcaps still on them, except for one 84 brougham. the axel was rusy as hell, and it had spiderwebs for days under it, but paying no mind, we started to take it off A.S.A.P, most of the tools we had didnt work, and might i add if it werent for Erin's superior Espanol skills we woud have been fucked. and erin isnt even spanish ( how about that shit! ) so finally we get that mother fucker off and not a minute too soon, she quickly had the old brake shoes off and we were off to pay ( i only paid 78 bucks for it! ) so then we had to transport it to New Image. and im sorry to say we had to put it in the back seat of erin's toyota, even thought there was blankets i still got some grease on her seats, and we had to hang the motherfucker out the window!

finally we get back to the shop, and they go to work putting it back toghether while me and erin get to work on the brakes. we had new shoes and wheel cylinders, but i got the wrong shoes for it so we ended up having to use the old ones, but i didnt give a shit, my car was on its second day in the shop and i had to get it out of theyre way. finnally we finish throwing the brakes together, we bleed them, and were done. i dont know if i can tell you how much new image charged me, but lets just say that i got a whole hell of alot of excelent work, for a very wallet friendly amount, and i couldnt be happier that all of this shit happened.

so i slaute you MustangSalli for comming through in spades, and digging up mad rescourses for someone you didnt even know, but did it for the love of the game, and for the often misunderstood definition of a "Lowrider" thank you for everything, that nobody else would have done, and i hope to be back in PB and NP some time very soon.

CPL Tony Trigila
U.S.M.C

did i forget anything?

·
Registered
434 Posts
thats cool dude i think some people forget what lowriding is all about and that defently lowriding 110% :biggrin: much love to mustangsally i know she is a lil junkee :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Aug 17 2006, 06:23 PM~5989981
a few days ago i was down in pacific beach, sandiego, visiting a very good friend of mine while i was on leave. while i was driving, i hit a really serious bump and cracked my axel. it was still okay to drive, but not far and definaltey not back to 29 palms. so i called my club president, brandon, to see if he could help me. he tole me he knew of a gal in my area who had a really nice 65 mustang with bags, and had been lowriding for years. i called her and told her my situation, and immediately without hesitation, was willing to help me with my problem. so i went to her house, and she started making phone calls, and the next morning she made a phone call, and found New Image Customs, on university blvd, right down the street, to help me with my problem. so we bring my caddy to New Image Customs, and talk to lafyette, the owner, and a friend of mustangsalli's. even though they hadnt spoken in about 2 years he was still willing to help. he said come back the next day in the morning with my caddy and he would fix it.  so i brought it there the next morning, and the dudes at new image, started to work, but the hard part was still to come. after mustangsalli (erin) got off work at about 1 we had to go to ecology junkyard and fish out a new axel. this was no easy feat mind you. all of the best donor caddy's had the locking hubcaps still on them, except for one 84 brougham. the axel was rusy as hell, and it had spiderwebs for days under it, but paying no mind, we started to take it off A.S.A.P, most of the tools we had didnt work, and might i add if it werent for Erin's superior Espanol skills we woud have been fucked. and erin isnt even spanish ( how about that shit! ) so finally we get that mother fucker off and not a minute too soon, she quickly had the old brake shoes off and we were off to pay ( i only paid 78 bucks for it! )  so then we had to transport it to New Image. and im sorry to say we had to put it in the back seat of erin's toyota, even thought there was blankets i still got some grease on her seats, and we had to hang the motherfucker out the window!

finally we get back to the shop, and they go to work putting it back toghether while me and erin get to work on the brakes. we had new shoes and wheel cylinders, but i got the wrong shoes for it so we ended up having to use the old ones, but i didnt give a shit, my car was on its second day in the shop and i had to get it out of theyre way. finnally we finish throwing the brakes together, we bleed them, and were done. i dont know if i can tell you how much new image charged me, but lets just say that i got a whole hell of alot of excelent work, for a very wallet friendly amount, and i couldnt be happier that all of this shit happened.

so i slaute you MustangSalli for comming through in spades, and digging up mad rescourses for someone you didnt even know, but did it for the love of the game, and for the often misunderstood definition of a "Lowrider" thank you for everything, that nobody else would have done, and i hope to be back in PB and NP some time very soon.

CPL Tony Trigila
U.S.M.C

did i forget anything?
:thumbsup: i hope alot of pepole read this that is how it is done

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know why she hasnt responded to this yet. you should see all of the trophies in her living room

·
Registered
22,775 Posts
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Aug 17 2006, 06:23 PM~5989981
a few days ago i was down in pacific beach, sandiego, visiting a very good friend of mine while i was on leave. while i was driving, i hit a really serious bump and cracked my axel. it was still okay to drive, but not far and definaltey not back to 29 palms. so i called my club president, brandon, to see if he could help me. he tole me he knew of a gal in my area who had a really nice 65 mustang with bags, and had been lowriding for years. i called her and told her my situation, and immediately without hesitation, was willing to help me with my problem. so i went to her house, and she started making phone calls, and the next morning she made a phone call, and found New Image Customs, on university blvd, right down the street, to help me with my problem. so we bring my caddy to New Image Customs, and talk to lafyette, the owner, and a friend of mustangsalli's. even though they hadnt spoken in about 2 years he was still willing to help. he said come back the next day in the morning with my caddy and he would fix it.  so i brought it there the next morning, and the dudes at new image, started to work, but the hard part was still to come. after mustangsalli (erin) got off work at about 1 we had to go to ecology junkyard and fish out a new axel. this was no easy feat mind you. all of the best donor caddy's had the locking hubcaps still on them, except for one 84 brougham. the axel was rusy as hell, and it had spiderwebs for days under it, but paying no mind, we started to take it off A.S.A.P, most of the tools we had didnt work, and might i add if it werent for Erin's superior Espanol skills we woud have been fucked. and erin isnt even spanish ( how about that shit! ) so finally we get that mother fucker off and not a minute too soon, she quickly had the old brake shoes off and we were off to pay ( i only paid 78 bucks for it! )  so then we had to transport it to New Image. and im sorry to say we had to put it in the back seat of erin's toyota, even thought there was blankets i still got some grease on her seats, and we had to hang the motherfucker out the window!

CPL Tony Trigila
U.S.M.C

did i forget anything?
:cool:

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Jeff@Aug 17 2006, 09:12 PM~5990326
Mustang Salli is good people.

whats up unfunkyufo

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
:thumbsup: real riders are down to help out other riders in trouble even if theyve never met

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
THATS AWESOME IM GLAD TO KNOW THERE IS STILL SOME REAL PEOPLE OUT THERE BIG UPS TO SALI :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
OG ROLLERZ
16,378 Posts
Mustang Sallie is the homie...real nice lady..hard to find someone with a good heart nowadays. La Fayette and his crew are good people known them for years :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: NICE TOPIC!!!

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Aug 18 2006, 01:43 AM~5990534
:thumbsup:  real riders are down to help out other riders in trouble even if theyve never met
you know thats right

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by WestsideRider@Aug 17 2006, 09:36 PM~5990496
this is what i was trying to get ahold of blue about...

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Jeff@Aug 17 2006, 09:39 PM~5990515
Not much man, I met Erin about 3 years ago.

yeah we were talking about you ha ha

·
Registered
16,032 Posts
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Aug 17 2006, 07:23 PM~5989981

CPL Tony Trigila
U.S.M.C

did i forget anything?

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
I VOTE FOR MUSTANG SALI AS LOWRIDER OF THE MONTH,,,,,WHAT A GAL :cheesy:

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
nice story..I don't mind helping people like that all the way up to the point where I have to actually do work..

1 - 20 of 53 Posts