LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is it? and what would be some symptoms of it going out....

fuel injected car....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by concrete@Sep 3 2003, 01:17 PM
what is it? and what would be some symptoms of it going out....

fuel injected car....
well a symptom would be the car not wanting to start, on sum cars it controls the fuel injection timing on others it controls the igniton n on sum its both, what kind of car is it? you really have to be more specific on these things this isnt the 1930s ne more man.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Sep 3 2003, 06:29 PM
do all cars have them or only fuel injected?
yes your car has one if thats what your wondering , generally speakn it should las the life of the car, least n a perfect world, i guess GM never considered heat n condensation to exist back when they designed them.

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a 1996 olds achevia. quad four engine, 2.4 liter

My car won't start unless I pump the gas pedal, then it will start. When I'm driving it the engine will choke and it sometimes stalls when I stop at red lights. every time I start the car there's a cloud of smoke with a gas smell....

???

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Originally posted by concrete@Sep 3 2003, 09:07 PM

My car won't start unless I pump the gas pedal, then it will start. When I'm driving it the engine will choke and it sometimes stalls when I stop at red lights. every time I start the car there's a cloud of smoke with a gas smell....

???
have the catalytic converter checked for back pressure that will cause the same symptoms u have

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by ImmortalTowncar+Sep 3 2003, 09:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ImmortalTowncar @ Sep 3 2003, 09:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--concrete@Sep 3 2003, 09:07 PM

???
have the catalytic converter checked for back pressure that will cause the same symptoms u have[/b][/quote]
BOOM, well said :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts