1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 2 weeks ago i bought

(2) Power Bass daul voice coil 12" subs

a 1000 watt soundsotrm amp

and a custom down fireing box for (2) 12's to fit under my back seat of my ex cab 2000 silverodo

i have hurd the subs in other cars and in side the store and i have even had 2 sets of the same type of subs but only 10's and running on 500 watts and they hit pretty damn good

well when i hooked them up in my ride they just aint hitting for shit the amp is pushing them just fine but you cant even really hear it out side of the truck i was thinking it is because they are faced to the floor so i just sat the box up and it did not make any diff i also found 3 leaks in the box and i just fixed the last night

i am thinking it is the box because the subs are supossed to be in 8.0 to 12 and the box they are in is 9.2 so mabe they are not getting enough air well any help you guys can give me would be grate thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it is hooked up right i think it is the box i took it all out last week and last night silconed(spelling) the whole box and put every thing back in and messed with the gain and stuff it is sounding better but not hitting like they should i am going to go buy some MFD 3/4 inch on moday and build a box to spec on the subs and mabe it will hit a little harder it sounds very clean right know but i want it to be louder

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
well 9.2 cubic feet for 2 12s is alot if its just for daily im using 4.5 for each of my 15s and they are suppose to have more, also mdf is the best wood to use and it may be your setup because them brands arent really the greatest, also who cars how loud it is outside the car??? i know i buy my shit so i can hear it inside not out

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i have tried tons of stuff i think it is a mix of the box and subs like i said it sounds good inside and i will just half to live with it antell i get some time to tune this box of make a new one and mabe even buy some diffrent subs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts