LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am by far no expert installer, but I've done a few basic setups. I'm still learning stuff. I've seen something that I've never seen before. The rear of my deck has a pair of RCA pre-outs for a front amp as well as a rear amp, but there is only ONE pre-out connection for a sub amp. What's this all about. Would I use a "Y" type connector or would I plug in the white cable or the red cable? Thank you!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Razzbury@Aug 8 2005, 03:31 PM~3562628
I am by far no expert installer, but I've done a few basic setups.  I'm still learning stuff.  I've seen something that I've never seen before.  The rear of my deck has a pair of RCA pre-outs for a front amp as well as a rear amp, but there is only ONE pre-out connection for a sub amp.  What's this all about.  Would I use a "Y" type connector or would I plug in the white cable or the red cable?  Thank you!

The sub amp only needs a mono signal, and yes use a y connector is your amp requires both RCA's to be connected. White or red doesnt matter, hook it to which ever is connected to the "sub" preout on the deck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts