LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost done with my 39 Chevy. It's a resin kit that I've had for several years and just got around to building it. I reshaped the visor that came with the monogram 39 chevy kit. I used the motor, inside and outside door handles and window cranks from the Revell 1939 Chevy truck kit. I also scratch built the parking lights and put woodgrain on the dashboard.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ooops, my error. Big Poppa your correct. The 39 chevy model kit did come with the 454. I used the 216 straight six cylinder engine from the Revell 1941 Chevy Truck.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
LOOKS GOOD BRO. SOME MORE BARE METAL WILL REALLY STAND OUT.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Dam that looks good. I like how you used flat black paint for the front and back windows it looks more real then if you were to use foil. But ofcourse foil will look real when used on the side molding. :thumbsup:

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Dec 15 2003, 09:04 PM

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, on real 1939 Chevys, they only have chrome on the center windshield divider and the side vent windows. There isn't any trim on the side windows. The front and rear windows are held in place with black rubber.

My cousin has a 1939 Chevy 4dr, like the one I built, and I have a 1948 Fleetline Aerosedan.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I hope to some day own a two door 1942 to 1948 Fleetline. That is my absolute faveorite car. Could you post some pics of your 48.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
pretty bad ass

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
clean bomba :thumbsup: :thumbsup: love those OG rides. props

if your looking for the OG artillery rims like on your web page. the ford pick up has them. i think its a 36, not sure but its blue and has some circus animals on the side. i think MONO produces this kit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts