LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iight so today i finally swapped out the fuked up solenoids that were in the rear and replaced it with the new correct solenoids, so after that was done i lifted the rear and noticed it was goin up realllllly slow, so i was like fuk it i guess its cuz i havent used the rear in like a month and i need charging, so i put the batts on the charger for about 4 hours and i connecte everything back up, when i hit the switch for the rear all i heard was tick tick tick coming from the solenoids and after i hit em i smelled a lil smoke scent but it wasnt heavy so i didnt stress the smoke smell, but if its sumthing simple that i dont know about please gimme a hand here cuz I'm desperate to ride locked up on all 4' like i used to, thankx again for the help, pz

Ricky

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by lolo4life@Jan 6 2004, 09:02 PM
battery aren't charged enought, dude 4 hours isn't gonna cut it, bad ground or wiring somehwere
BAD BATTERY, or your batts are really low ;) :(

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal+Jan 6 2004, 10:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigNasty85Regal @ Jan 6 2004, 10:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lolo4life@Jan 6 2004, 09:02 PM
battery aren't charged enought, dude 4 hours isn't gonna cut it, bad ground or wiring somehwere
BAD BATTERY, or your batts are really low ;) :([/b][/quote]
i dont know then cuz on my reds charger i have an indicator needle and fuckin when i put the batts to charge the needle was on 5 so throughout the hours i would look at the needle nd it would keep getting closer to zero, so when it got to one is when i tried to do it again, maybe i should let it go to zero? i think it should have at least raised alil bit after 4 hours of charging? :angry: :uh:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
most likely the batteries, either they're not charged fully or you have a bad cell in one of them, when you charge them be sure to check if any of the batts gets warm, if it does it has a bad cell and then that's what's causing it.

other from that it might allso be bad ground on the solenoids, those are grounded throu the bolt ears and should not be attached to painted areas, so if theres paint where those are, unbolt them and scratch the paint behind them so it gets metal on metal.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Like everyone else says, it sounds like a bad battery or ground. One thing to check out is battery number "2". That one does the most work and is normally the first to go. Try switching one of the other batteries with number 2.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
i say its a bad, or oil filled motor. take it off and look inside......

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Jan 7 2004, 05:33 AM
sometimes if you have one bad battery in the bank, it fucks things up for the rest of the batteries..

If after more charging and you clearly have a SOLID GROUND connection to your solenoids then get a load test done on each of your batteries....

Keep us informed...
Yup the bad battery bug, just bit me last week. I changed the noids for the front pump and they were still clicking. So I started to mess with the batteries and sure enough one of them was bad.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well it turns out that it wasnt a battery problem, me and my homie took apart the motor today and that shit was fried to hell. the armature was all scrated up and a lil melted too, and the brushes looked like they went to iraq and back they were banged up, but its koo I'm hoppin on a prestolite chrome motor tommorow from my homie hoppin91lac, thankx for all ur input and I'll make sure to double check the battery issue maybe i should jus go get em checked jus in case, and imma also check the solenoid issue cuz on my rack where the solenoids are mounted it is sprayed flat black so imma take em off and scratch off da paint, thankx again

Ricky

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
told ya!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by gangstaburban95@Jan 8 2004, 04:06 AM
imma also check the solenoid issue cuz on my rack where the solenoids are mounted it is sprayed flat black so imma take em off and scratch off da paint, thankx again

Ricky
:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts