LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a craftsman rotary tool and i have a wicked idea for a new model of mine (67' gto) inspired by the transform feture on the lowrider game. (hehehe) and im going to be cutting the body and such. i have some thin thin cutting wheels and other bits n such. should i risk maybe fucking up a body? or should i just keep the speed kindof low and use a steady hand.im going to be cutting the front and rear sections off the car and they will (hopefully) dance on z-racks. i decided to try out zip zaps motors, sinces there small and, um not lifting very heavy stuff. i will keep you guys updated n stuff, just gota new camera :biggrin: . cya and happy holidays

Last edited by babybikeboi2 at Dec 26 2003, 10:51 PM

·
Registered
34 Posts
The cutting sounds like a cool idea, but I'd do it with a blade if i were you, The tool rotates so fast that sometimes it melts the plastic, and you got alot of work on your hands- just a heads up.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Well, I dont think Zip Zap motors will work for ur plans, ur gonna need some bigger motors. And your cutting up the friggen body, the front and back, and putting them on Z Racks? WTF?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Originally posted by D U D E+Dec 27 2003, 02:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D U D E @ Dec 27 2003, 02:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd@Dec 27 2003, 02:15 PM
Not to mention it'll leave you with a big gap between the two parts.
not to mention that lovely feeling of hot melted plastic getting flung in your eyeballs :tears: lol[/b][/quote]
Glad im not the only one thats happened to..

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by Represent316+Dec 27 2003, 10:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Represent316 @ Dec 27 2003, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -D U D [email protected] 27 2003, 02:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd
@Dec 27 2003, 02:15 PM

not to mention that lovely feeling of hot melted plastic getting flung in your eyeballs :tears: lol
Glad im not the only one thats happened to..[/b][/quote]
i had to go to a and e because of it

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Dec 27 2003, 04:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Dec 27 2003, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 10:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd

not to mention that lovely feeling of hot melted plastic getting flung in your eyeballs :tears: lol

i had to go to a and e because of it[/b][/quote]
lol, christmas eve nite Mad got a bunch of shit in his eye too when he was chopping a top with the dremel. he finally got pissed off and started using a hobby knife with a VERY sharp surgical blade and at one point the body gave way and he cut his thumb wide open almost 3/4 of the way around.
i think there's some pics on here of it if you guys wanna see? :biggrin: lol

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by D U D E+Dec 27 2003, 11:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D U D E @ Dec 27 2003, 11:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 04:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd

lol, christmas eve nite Mad got a bunch of shit in his eye too when he was chopping a top with the dremel. he finally got pissed off and started using a hobby knife with a VERY sharp surgical blade and at one point the body gave way and he cut his thumb wide open almost 3/4 of the way around.
i think there's some pics on here of it if you guys wanna see? :biggrin: lol[/b][/quote]
i was cutting the inside of a metal door and a tiny bit of it flew up into my eye and scratched my eyeball. it hurt, but it was alright in about 1or2 days. ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
yo same here i just got a CRAFTS MAN ROTARY TOOL ,, and two DUB silverdao truck's ,,, I'MA DO SOME CUTTIN TO IT AND SOME BED LIFTS TO IT ,, WHEN I GET PICS I'LL POST IT UP ,,I'MA HAVE IT MATCH MY BIKE....GOOD LUCK TO ALL YALL..........

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Dec 28 2003, 04:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Dec 28 2003, 04:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -D U D [email protected] 27 2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 04:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd

i think there's some pics on here of it if you guys wanna see? :biggrin: lol
i was cutting the inside of a metal door and a tiny bit of it flew up into my eye and scratched my eyeball. it hurt, but it was alright in about 1or2 days. ;)[/b][/quote]
what sucks even worse is getting super glue in your eye. It was in there for like a week or more. Talk about pain!! :0

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Dec 28 2003, 04:29 PM
what sucks even worse is getting super glue in your eye. It was in there for like a week or more. Talk about pain!! :0
lol, yepp
theres been a bunch of times where he superglues shit and then goes to cutting with the dremel and next thing you know eyes are watering like a crying little bitch from the glue getting heated and flung.
its kind of funny to watch but its gotta hurt like a bitch.
im glad i stick to more simpler builds myself. lol

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by dissko@Dec 27 2003, 02:00 PM
Well, I dont think Zip Zap motors will work for ur plans, ur gonna need some bigger motors. And your cutting up the friggen body, the front and back, and putting them on Z Racks? WTF?
dude i just want to do something other than a damn hopper.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by D U D E+Dec 28 2003, 07:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D U D E @ Dec 28 2003, 07:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd@Dec 28 2003, 04:29 PM
lol, yepp
theres been a bunch of times where he superglues shit and then goes to cutting with the dremel and next thing you know eyes are watering like a crying little bitch from the glue getting heated and flung.
im glad i stick to more simpler builds myself. lol[/b][/quote]
lol, i do the same shit. It makes your nose run and it burns the fuck outta your eyes.

I'm about to start wearing those big ass lab goggles so i don't end up blind in 10 yrs. lol

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by D U D E+Dec 29 2003, 01:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D U D E @ Dec 29 2003, 01:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd@Dec 28 2003, 04:29 PM
lol, yepp
im glad i stick to more simpler builds myself. lol[/b][/quote]
i hate getting like that superglue dust stuff in your eyes

i just look away for a minute and they are alright, then i carry on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts