LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my tire caught on the passenger side and whipped me into a snow bank. buried the truck to the frame and had to get jerked out. this happened yesterday. drove it around for a bit afterword had no problems what so ever. today on the way to work my check engine light came and the engine started jittering. rolled over to autozone and had them scan it. its showing my 02 sensors are fucking up now and a random misfire on cylinder 2. truck drove great before last night.

where should i start looking to solve the problems? would the o2 sensors affect the way the cylinders fire? a buddy thinks that if the wires were ripped out of the sensors it would change the way gas burns and would effect the weakest plug first. i plan on getting the plugs done now anyway. engine is the 5.4

i drove it to work and when i punched it to speed up the check engine light would blink on and off and seemed like the plug would fire like normal since the jitters went away. soon as u take ur foot off the gas and slowly accelerate it jittered bad again

sorry for the book but i gotta figure this shit out asap.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
ITS A FORD, BURN IT AND CLAIM THE INSURANCE MONEY.......I HAD A TPS SENSOR GO OUT ON MY EXPLORER ONCE AND 4 OTHER SENSORS COMMITED SUICIDE AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME .....

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i did some reading and found out if 1 plug starts fucking up i guess it will make the oxygen sensors go nuts. and i dont think this thing ever had the plugs done so im gonna get those done first anbd see if it fixes the problem. 340 bucks :|

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Originally posted by youcantfademe@Dec 25 2008, 03:12 AM~12522992
ITS A FORD, BURN IT AND CLAIM THE INSURANCE MONEY.......I HAD A TPS SENSOR GO OUT ON MY EXPLORER ONCE AND 4 OTHER SENSORS COMMITED SUICIDE AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME .....
x10000 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :werd:

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
Originally posted by hearse@Dec 25 2008, 02:20 PM~12524565
well i did some reading and found out if 1 plug starts fucking up i guess it will make the oxygen sensors go nuts. and i dont think this thing ever had the plugs done so im gonna get those done first anbd see if it fixes the problem. 340 bucks :|
340 bucks for 8 plugs :eek:hno:

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did some more calling around. found a place that will do it for 220. and ya no one wanted to do it cuz you have to pull the fuel rail off and some other shit i guess. now i remember why i like my old gm's shit was cheap and simple :angry:

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
and people call me crazy for downgrading an obd1 to no obd...

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by hearse@Dec 26 2008, 02:08 PM~12531006
did some more calling around. found a place that will do it for 220. and ya no one wanted to do it cuz you have to pull the fuel rail off and some other shit i guess. now i remember why i like my old gm's shit was cheap and simple :angry:
:twak: Change em out yourself. It doesn't take more than a ratcheting head ratchet, a swivel, couple extensions, and sockets to do. I charged a guy $60 to do the same thing not too long ago, he spent another $20 on plugs. Plug at the very back is a pain but overall it's pretty straight forward to do.

Here, this should make it easier ;)

Exactly how to change Spark Plugs on a 2000 Expedition

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Take the fuel rail out sta loco.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
common problem with fords, i see it all the time on the police crown vics and all the f series trucks we have where i work, you can get the coil w/boot from napa or almost any parts place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts