LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im lost here.. i know a bit about stereos and all that but,heres my problem

1990 ford t-bird, i put a jvc kd-g300 cd player in it about a month ago. today im on my lunch break laid back chillin in the car listenin to sum music and i reach up to turn the volume up imust have accidently hit the sel. button and it turned the bass all the way up, and b4 i could get it adjusted/turned back down the damn thing jsut shuts off and will not power back up since.. i checked the fuse in the deck itself, and the fuse in the fuse box on the car even replaced both of them, still nothing! theres a lil hole on the front of the unit with the face off that looks like ti would be a reset button (as many decks do have) but thre doesnt seem to be anything acutally in the hole (button wise) so im totally stumped as to what the problem acutally is! and b4 i forget its all stock speakers,no amp or subs thanks for any help, i really dont wanna have to buy a cd player if at all possible

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol yeah i totally fuckinlost on this too.. lookin like its jsut gonn ahve to be replaced....

·
-394 CUSTOMS-
8,553 Posts
get your self a test light and check the memory and ground wires. had a problem like that on my car, i even swapped decks but ended up being the memory wire just couldn't hang with the aftermarket deck so i had to find a new one.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
does the radio even turn on .. ? and if it does does it just say protect ? ... if it does just take the radio out and unplug the wiring harness and put it back again and see if it turns back on.. same thing happened to me once and i was going crazy trying to find out what it was... so den i just unplugged the harness and put it back on and it worked again .. the thing with it that it goes into protect so it wont burn out the fuse. if doing what im tellin you doesnt work the i dunno what will..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts