LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just resently got a JVC LH 3100 and a set of alpine 6 1/2 inch Type R components
im not running the best of amps but
its some old sentrek 4 chanel
im getting buzzy sounds when i start me engine and the buzzy sound gets higher when i rev it
and theres heeps of static
is this caused buy shitty amp?

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I personally think it's the amp. Those sentrek amps arent exactly known for their high quality on the other hand JVC & Alpine have been around for decades and have a reputation. I think you need a new amp, and a professional installation. You probably have the RCA's and the Power wire running together on the same side of the car. Big Mistake when you're wiring up a mids and highs amp. If you are not gonna have it professionally installed run the RCA's on the passenger side of the car and the power on the driver's not vice versa. Also try to make sure that your power wires and rca's don't cross try to keep em' as far away from eachother as possible. Just a suggestion I could be full of shit but I have been installing for 10 years now....oh yeah and I work for Alpine....so I definately know that it aint the speakers....PEACE :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Originally posted by street cruzzer@Sep 24 2003, 08:37 AM
were do ya usealy grownd it?
A bolt on the body of the car is good as long as it's free of rust and paint. If their is paint on the body where you are grounding it get a piece of sand paper and sand down the area to bare metal. If not grab a flat head screw driver and scrape it with that....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts