LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm ready to bag my '63 Cadillac and I want to know what setup I should go with. I'll go with either a turn-key setup(everything I need in one kit) or if someone has a list of the good stuff and were to get it I'd go with that. I'd like a F.B.S.S. setup also. A couple of things, first I'm not looking for the fastest setup up, just something in the middle as far as speed goes. Second, I'd like the complete setup to be less then $1000 if possible. I know they don't make a setup for my car and will have to fabricate a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Damn, yo... $1000 ?!?!? You'll probably spend that in fabrication and accessories.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
so true. Just the front stuff will prolly run you a good $600 or more.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yeah, you can't come up here trying to be cheap, yo. Air or juice, if you want a "nice" set-up you're gonna have to spend a little loot.

You may be able to "start" out with a little more than a grand, but by the time you get batteries, fittings, and accessories for juice, or valves, fittings and accessories for air, you're definitely approaching the two grand mark.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
ok lets see 6 gallon tank $40
pre wired switch box $79 or individual switches $3-$12
100% duty compresser $170-$300
presser switch for that $20
battery switch for that $5
manifold valves $350 or 8 3/8 gold valves for $320
bags 2-2600 and 2-2500 for $320
about $50 bucks in fittings
brackets you can prob makem on your own or talk to big dan or pay like $250 like a sucker

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 15 2003, 06:05 PM
are you doing your own install
I plan on doing my own install. I'm not looking to put on a show with this old dog, I just want to park it on the ground and clown around a little.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Jul 15 2003, 06:04 PM
Damn, yo... $1000 ?!?!? You'll probably spend that in fabrication and accessories.
I know people that will fabricate for me, I'm just looking at the cost of parts. What about all these complete setups I see in the magazines and web sites that are under a grand, are they just shit or missing something, man I thought I had seen setups for under a grand but maybe not.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by kustomizer+Jul 15 2003, 10:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kustomizer @ Jul 15 2003, 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Jul 15 2003, 06:04 PM
Damn, yo... $1000 ?!?!?  You'll probably spend that in fabrication and accessories.
I know people that will fabricate for me, I'm just looking at the cost of parts. What about all these complete setups I see in the magazines and web sites that are under a grand, are they just shit or missing something, man I thought I had seen setups for under a grand but maybe not.[/b][/quote]
Like I said, that may be OK to start. But we're talking a '63 Caddy here. Within a week, you're gonna want/need another (or bigger) tank and probably another compressor. Not long after that you're gonna want bigger valves for that beast. Then you're gonna want a bigger tank again. Then you're gonna be asking Dan about nitrogen and Yorks. Etc, etc, etc.

I'm not saying the start-up kits are shitty. I'm just saying don't expect to get one and be "done." If you do that, you're gonna end up hating bags. It won't be the bag's fault, it will be that you just bought/installed the wrong set-up for you and your car. It's the same with juice.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
nitrogen and Yorks kick ass!!
joe, youre asking about my 200 dollars worth of fittings.... lets see...

4 1/2 Parker HP tees... 24 each
4 1/2 to 1/2 Parker DOT elbows 11 each
4 1/2 to 1/2 Parker DOT straights 8 each
those are the priciest of them, and hell, now that I do the math, I probaly have closer to 225/250 into fittings... damn!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, so I can't do this for a grand, then what would you say is the best quality setup for the best price. Is there a company besides Air Ride Technologies (which will sell me what I need for $1700) that will sell a good quality setup for less then the Air Ride price and as good qualty or should buy some stuff from one vendor and other stuff from someone else and if so who should I deal with?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
you can definately do a kit for less than $1000. theres a complete kit on ebay, F B S S. its not the best thing in the world and is only a 3/8" setup, but it will definately raise your car up and down ($849).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2423898489

i think all your going to need is some brackets but those shouldnt be too hard to make.

Last edited by Moco at Jul 17 2003, 03:20 PM

1 - 20 of 39 Posts