LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Lowrider game for PS2 today and I'm thinking of making a switch box for it. It's actually very simple all you need is a PS1 or PS2 controller and just wire switches from the controller board like shown here.

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Nov 26 2003, 08:37 AM

·
Registered
28,023 Posts
that would be the fucking shit

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 25 2003, 10:10 PM
I just got the Lowrider game for PS2 today and I'm thinking of making a switch box for it. It's actually very simple all you need is a PS1 or PS2 controller and just wire switches from the controller board like shown here.
all I gotta say is good luck... tried to fix a broken controller once.. note the word TRIED..... hehe.. nice idea if it works!!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
So, your soldering the wires, to where you press down on the controller buttons? That seems like itll work.

·
Registered
744 Posts
man..that will be cool when you're playing th elowrider game your model car will hop too...hahha

tight idea though

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will work for sure, I know this because I have already done something similar with a computer game controller and it worked. I made actual arcade joysticks and buttons work from a hacked up computer game controller, from using the method shown in the photos. If I do make a switch box for the PS2 I would like to make the box universal, so it can be used for model cars as well.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plexi glass would be the $h!t. I know of a plastic supply shop near by where I can by sheets of Plexi glass. But first I need to find the right switches. I need ones that are momentary, ones that will spring back to the off position when you let go of the switch.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 26 2003, 09:07 AM
Plexi glass would be the $h!t. I know of a plastic supply shop near by where I can by sheets of Plexi glass. But first I need to find the right switches. I need ones that are momentary, ones that will spring back to the off position when you let go of the switch.
electronic supplie stores!!! they have it all! even plastic boxes...

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 26 2003, 09:07 AM
:thumbsup:

in Montreal but I,m shure you have that in your town! there every where!

http://www.addison-electronique.com/

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Radioshack does not carry SPDT center off toggles. I worked there for a long time. But many hobby shops do, and tons of electronic surplus stores have them. Good luck

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool, thanks for the info. I knew about the project boxes, they sell them at Radioshack ( not in clear plastic though). And I'll start looking for those switches when I get off of work today.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts