LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a pic of wat im trying to achieve im going to do this on both sides so i can save room in my trunk i just need to know like the dimensions for the 12'' that im going to put in there heres a pic of what im talking about

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Jan 6 2009, 12:36 AM~12619438
heres a pic of wat im trying to achieve im going to do this on both sides so i can save room in my trunk i just need to know like the dimensions for the 12'' that im going to put in there heres a pic of what im talking about

Not to be a jerk or anything...but if you have the car, and you have the sub...why do you need dimensions? Either that or go to the manufacturers website and get the dimensions you need off there.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by 79 cutty@Jan 6 2009, 06:50 AM~12620198
Not to be a jerk or anything...but if you have the car, and you have the sub...why do you need dimensions? Either that or go to the manufacturers website and get the dimensions you need off there.
its cool and i dont have the subs yet but im gonna go with some r/f p3's had em before and they get the job done i just wanna know how big i should build the enclosure so it will have that BUMP!!!!! i want a tight bass,,a basic dimension for all types of speakers because i plan on selling these to some people on other forums and want them to sound good no matter wat type of speaker goes into it

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Jan 6 2009, 05:59 PM~12625445
its cool and i dont have the subs yet but im gonna go with some r/f p3's had em before and they get the job done i just wanna know how big i should build the enclosure so it will have that BUMP!!!!! i want a tight bass,,a basic dimension for all types of speakers because i plan on selling these to some people on other forums and want them to sound good no matter wat type of speaker goes into it
You will never really find a universal enclosure...every sub is different, and every design does a little something different.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by 79 cutty@Jan 7 2009, 10:49 AM~12631806
You will never really find a universal enclosure...every sub is different, and every design does a little something different.
x586759! There is no such thing as a "universal" enclosure. Too many variables go into the construction of a good box.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all boxes are universal pre made are all unviersal and nevermind i found out the specs already thanks

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
If you put a Pyramid PhaseIII 15 in a box built to the exact specs for a fully loaded FI BTL 15 it will make noise but it will not perform to the best of it's abilities. There is no such thing as a "universal" enclosure.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Jan 6 2009, 02:36 AM~12619438

I belive that that box is for a 10 inch sub and there is not enough room for a 12 inch sub.

You will need to make alot of angles or do some fiberglass so you can gain some air space.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wont be nuilding that exact box just that type of idea heres the exact box ill be building and it will fit a12 i will have them exactly like this

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Jan 7 2009, 01:51 PM~12633949
all boxes are universal pre made are all unviersal and nevermind i found out the specs already thanks
Pretty much all prefab boxes are just middle of the road....sure things will fit and function in them, but equipment wont work at its full potential unless you put it in an enclosure that is specifically tuned for that sub, and what you are looking for! ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Jan 8 2009, 03:53 AM~12640660
i wont be nuilding  that exact box just that type of idea heres the exact box ill be building and it will fit a12 i will have them exactly like this

if you use a 10 you will get a better sound as compared to the 12's in the small airspace thats available

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Jan 6 2009, 01:36 AM~12619438

Your looking at roughly 1- 1.25 cubes per sub for a 12" and your not gonna get it in that small of area.Its either use your whole trunk/hatch or go with a smaller sub.A pair of high end 8"s could easily out perform the p3's 12"s.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by EazyE10286@Jan 8 2009, 11:55 AM~12643220
A pair of high end 8"s could easily out perform the p3's 12"s.
i dont buy it , but humor me, what are they?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts