LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Zip it cunt!
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just grabbed this pic at random, im trying to identify a few parts and understand how they work. any help is appreciated :)




1. what the hell is that thing? im assuming it goes to the cylinders, is it necessary? is it just like a fancy T connector?

2. what is it, is it neccesary

3. oil reservoir, yeah i know

4. pump motor, yeah i know

5. looks to be a slowdown valve

6. is a dump

7. what the heck is that little thing? is it neccesary?

8. and 9. im assuming those are the pressure and return ports, am i right?


shits confusing :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,398 Posts
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Oct 11 2006, 08:22 PM~6350087
i just grabbed this pic at random, im trying to identify a few parts and understand how they work. any help is appreciated  :)


1. what the hell is that thing? im assuming it goes to the cylinders, is it necessary? is it just like a fancy T connector?

2. what is it, is it neccesary

3. oil reservoir, yeah i know

4. pump motor, yeah i know

5. looks to be a slowdown valve

6. is a dump

7. what the heck is that little thing? is it neccesary?

8. and 9. im assuming those are the pressure and return ports, am i right?
shits confusing :(
Hey Bro,

here's a good reading for you.

http://www.eternalrollerz.com/TechArticles/techpage.htm

has a whole section in the tech about various aircraft parts , function, and rebuilding some of them...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,398 Posts
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Oct 11 2006, 08:22 PM~6350087
i just grabbed this pic at random, im trying to identify a few parts and understand how they work. any help is appreciated  :)


1. what the hell is that thing? im assuming it goes to the cylinders, is it necessary? is it just like a fancy T connector?

2. what is it, is it neccesary

3. oil reservoir, yeah i know

4. pump motor, yeah i know

5. looks to be a slowdown valve

6. is a dump

7. what the heck is that little thing? is it neccesary?

8. and 9. im assuming those are the pressure and return ports, am i right?
shits confusing :(
1. Is a Pesco EQ used on two pump two dump setups ( just front and back) Makes a cool noise when you drop the car....

2. looks like a filter... not really needed...

3. Is a avatiors oxygen tank converted into a oil resivoir

4.Pesco 280 with a GE motor

5. Zig Zag slow down.... you have options on slowdowns some like them at the dump some at the return port on the tank

6. yes notice all three ports are used in this application.

7. that is a fuel filter used as a collecting jar to catch run off oil that seeps out of the gear head before it gets into the motor.. in the planes these were just hooked up to tubes that leaked under the plane..

8-9 Inlets and outlets... ;)

Hope this helps brother
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,398 Posts
flow of aircraft pump with 3 port square

 

·
Zip it cunt!
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by blueouija@Oct 11 2006, 10:44 PM~6351155
1. Is a Pesco EQ used on two pump two dump setups ( just front and back) Makes a cool noise when you drop the car....

2. looks like a filter... not really needed...

3. Is a avatiors oxygen tank converted into a oil resivoir

4.Pesco 280 with a GE motor

5. Zig Zag slow down.... you have options on slowdowns some like them at the dump some at the return port on the tank

6. yes notice all three ports are used in this application.

7. that is a fuel filter used as a collecting jar to catch run off oil that seeps out of the gear head before it gets into the motor.. in the planes these were just hooked up to tubes that leaked under the plane..

8-9 Inlets and outlets... ;)

Hope this helps brother

:worship: :worship: :worship: hell yeah that help, thanks a lot man.... again ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Oct 11 2006, 08:57 PM~6351261
:worship:  :worship:  :worship: hell yeah that help, thanks a lot man.... again  ;)

the master on airplane hydraulics has just taught you a big lesson :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
i have a ? could aircraft hydro still be used for opping and do anyone have ony old school pic of the setups
 

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
Joined
·
5,786 Posts
WOW!

Good work!

UH!!!

Man I got to have more free time.

Hey Jay, I just got another power pack panel, what happened to the image upload?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,838 Posts
im still learning this whole aircraft deal and it is very cool and probably the only thing i would do on my cars from now on.one question i got is what kind of cylinders do i use? i read somewhere that you have to use a special kind which one do i use and why?
 

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
Joined
·
5,786 Posts
Originally posted by 41bowtie@Oct 14 2006, 11:18 PM~6370963
im still learning this whole aircraft deal and it is very cool and probably the only thing i would do on my cars from now on.one question i got is what kind of cylinders do i use? i read somewhere that you have to use a special kind which one do i use and why?
Not special cylinders, just fatter. You can get by with 1 to 1.25" on a small car if you take it easy on the switch. Or a pressure relief valve /accumulator to take off the pressure spikes on heaver cars. Just go up and down easy.

The pump heads were not made for the shock (pressure spike) of the fluid. It blows out the pumps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,838 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Oct 15 2006, 01:35 AM~6371038
Not special cylinders, just fatter. You can get by with 1 to 1.25" on a small car if you take it easy on the switch. Or a pressure relief valve /accumulator to take off the pressure spikes on heaver cars. Just go up and down easy.

The pump heads were not made for the shock (pressure spike) of the fluid. It blows out the pumps.
thnx for the info should i go with showtime torpedos or from black magic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,015 Posts
It might just be me but I like the shape of pro hopper pumps better than pescos. I know there is always a quest to be different but I just cant get into the look of these pumps. I know the one in the picture is a little abused.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,838 Posts

good ol trusty 777 thats what im running 3 777 1 3ft oxy tank 2 bullet accum 3 adel dumps 3 zigzag slowdowns and 3 purolator filters.
 

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
Joined
·
5,786 Posts
Originally posted by 41bowtie@Oct 14 2006, 11:45 PM~6371091
thnx for the info should i go with showtime torpedos or from black magic?
Well, I favor BMH. Nothing against PH, I like them too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,015 Posts
Originally posted by 41bowtie@Oct 15 2006, 01:02 AM~6371156
good ol trusty 777 thats what im running 3 777 1 3ft oxy tank 2 bullet accum 3 adel dumps 3 zigzag slowdowns and  3 purolator filters.
Hows the speed? Are they reliable? Whats different performance/maintenance wise from traditional hydraulics.
 
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Top