LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far this is what my list consists of...

bags:
RS72's up front (pair): $178
insane 13" lift bags in the rear (pair):$158

airtank:
12 Gallon Tank Black 8 1/2" ports(1): $79.00

compressors:
viar 380 (2): $380

valves:
SMC 1/2" Valve (8): $520

pressure switch:(streetbeatcustoms)
easystreet 145 PSI On/175 PSI Off 1/8"NPT Thread $20.63

step notch:
$55.00

guage:
Viair Dual Needle Gauge Black 0-160(3): $135.00

air line:
1/2" [50ft] DOT approved : $29.00

triangulated 4-link: (suicidedoors.com)
Super lift triangulated 4-link : $329.00

watertrap:
ASCO Air Filter / Water Trap (1/2” Ports) (2)$40

that recapturing air kit apx. $180

i know i need the front bag brackets, and fittings, but what else am i missing... i want the switches mounted on the front dash(5switches, 4 for fbss, 1 for on/off to all airride suspension components)

any kits out there for that, or any good sites to go to?

i know this is a stupid question, but what about a compressor relay, or solenoids for that matter, where is a good place to get them?, do i need them?

what about wiring, what guage do i need and for what do i need to use that gauge on?

i would like to have a second batt dedicated just to the air ride system, one will be efficient right (yellow top)?

do i need shocks in the front and rear or can i re-use the shocks i have(maybe in the rear??)... if not, where is a good place to get a pair for the front and rear if needed...

so far, my total is $1925 (un shipped grand total)...

this is going in a 2001 Dodge ram 1500 shortbed single cab (the lil face dodge ram, not the big face)...

im not cutting the bed, im going to have it body dropped, any input is welcomed...

thanks in advance...

-qs

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
maybe an adjustable ps if your plan on running those 380s to 200, if not then pick up some 450s.....for your switches i run a switchbox but if youre mounting to the dash get 4 6prong switches(FBSS) and 1 3prong swtich(kill switch) and a switchplate you could make one or prohopper i know sells them......i used 8ga wire for my main power with a 40a fuse runninoff the battery to my kill switch then back to my ps with 12ga for the switchbox power splice in with a 25a fuse,speakerwire for the switchbox to valve connection......i got one yellow top that runs my whole car and its fine, i upgraded to a 100amp alternator.....i dontrun shocks in the front, rearshocks are stock but im not gettin full lift of the 13" bags...impalacracker has a link to a place that sells extended shocks he used for the rear with his 13" bags i think its hoppos..hope this makes sense and helps

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by MarquisPlaya@Sep 19 2005, 09:25 PM~3846060
1)maybe an adjustable ps if your plan on running those 380s to 200, if not then pick up some 450s.....for your switches i run a switchbox but if youre mounting to the dash get 2)4 6prong switches(FBSS) and 1 3prong swtich(kill switch) and a switchplate you could make one or prohopper i know sells them......3)i used 8ga wire for my main power with a 40a fuse runninoff the battery to my kill switch then back to my ps with 12ga for the switchbox power splice in with a 25a fuse,speakerwire for the switchbox to valve connection......i got one yellow top that runs my whole car and its fine, i upgraded to a 100amp alternator.....i 4)dontrun shocks in the front, rearshocks are stock but im not gettin full lift of the 13" bags...impalacracker has a link to a place that sells extended shocks he used for the rear with his 13" bags i think its hoppos..hope this makes sense and helps
1)i plan on running the system at 175psi
2)i figured that, i just didnt know which prong switch to get
3)how did you wire the compressors to the batt? what gauge speaker wire did you use (18awg, 16awg,12awg,10awg)
4)hows the ride up front with out them? do you sway a lil bit on turns? how does your car's alignment hold up?.....i thought i remembered reading something about impala cracker and some shocks for his 13's...

thanks marquis, any more input is welcomed, trying to see different sides of the coin here...

-qs

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have a list with prices i'm working on for my setup, some of your prices sound pretty damn high, who the hell are you planning on buying from?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 20 2005, 12:12 AM~3847383
i have a list with prices i'm working on for my setup, some of your prices sound pretty damn high, who the hell are you planning on buying from?
i think the vales is what caught your attention, they are $65 a piece... as far as the slmas up front, for two of them, thats not a bad price (prolly the cheapest ive seen), and the same with the insane 13's in the rear... the 4link is also a very good buy too, it comes with the rear bag mounts as well...

www.suicidedoors.com
www.airgasmkustomz.com
www.streatbeatcustoms.com(water trap)

where are you looking into buying your stuff from?

if anyone got the time to stream through this, i still need input on what im missing, and what might be a better avenue to travel in then the one im already in...

-qs

·
Registered
344 Posts
from what i see u got most of ur stuff, but a square d would be a good ideal once u start tappin them switches ur going to want more psi specially if ur comps can take it. where u getting it installed?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
i ran 12ga from the compressors and they hook up to my square d, and the ps gets the power then turns the compressors on......without my shocks up front it is alil bit more bouncy but not a bad bouncy like a smooth kind...i have no swaybar either and in turns im fine dosent sway or lean but im not goning around corners like a racecar...alignment varies for me depending on how i have the car(assdown/frontup..etc)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:ugh: now i remember why i dropped out of air suspension and got with car audio... this shit is a little tricky, i dont wanna fuck up and get the wrong components, and i also dont wanna turn around and not get what i need...im a lil sketchy about going to a couple places in my area, because i dont know if they are gonna try and hussle me, AND, i REALLY dont want a bull shit job done on my truck...

-qs

·
Registered
344 Posts
square d is an adjustable presure switch u can run 175daily then crank it up to 200 for fun

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by BLAZED96@Sep 21 2005, 08:49 PM~3860495
square d is an adjustable presure switch u can run 175daily then crank it up to 200 for fun
oh, nah i dont wanna go pass 175, it took some SERIOUS convencing for me to agree to the 175, i originally didnt want to exceed 165...

-qs

·
Registered
344 Posts
well my v6 blazer will get full lift 150 pretty slow with 3/8 valves and 1/2 lines at 200 its quick but not off the grouond quick, i personly like it fast so iam going with bigger valves, but if u have a big engine 175 isnt going to be that quick.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im find with that... i dont want it super fast, if it takes it 2 seconds to go from dumped to lock then im fine (i wouldnt want it to take longer then 2.5 sec but be slower then a 1 second lock)...ess you can say im a cruiser, i dont wanna dump and the bumper slams to the ground like its tryna squash a spider or something...i plan on running mufflers on the dump valves any how... but of course i gotta see how it is without them...

BTW i have a 3.9L V6magnum (not a big engine)

plus 150psi and 3/8" valves and 1/2" lines is slower then 175psi and 1/2" valves and lines

·
Registered
856 Posts
i honestly dont have any problems with my 3/8 150 psi set up. you hit the switch, and bam, your locked up. maybe a 1/4 second lift time. i have no interest in hopping. i think if i had 1/2 at like 175, id be chipping.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by yodawagon@Sep 22 2005, 11:25 PM~3868489
i honestly dont have any problems with my 3/8 150 psi set up. you hit the switch, and bam, your locked up. maybe a 1/4 second lift time. i have no interest in hopping. i think if i had 1/2 at like 175, id be chipping.

this guy that was in my neighborhood had a fullsize ford truck with a 3/8" 150psi setup and from layed to locked, it took almost 2 seconds, he had about 8-9 inches of travel in his bags...i would like it a lil faster so i figure 1/2", and im not sure the lowest psi my truck will lift at so i figure 175psi will be a good starting point when i flick the first switch...

-qs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts