LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
How many threads are you going to start about glasspacks? Glasspacks are glasspacks. Spend the $14. :uh:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yo man, no need to trip. Im just a begginer that needs advice. Dont hate man, instead help. By the way, i heard there is different qualities of glasspacks just like anything else. When you buy rims, do you get whatever they throw at your head? Rims are rims, right? If it bothers you, dont read the thread. Just plain and simple.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
My point is you've started at least 3 threads on exhaust for your car this week. Why not continue the subject in only 1? Or, why not check the zillion other threads on choice of mufflers, because they're all the exact same argument.

To answer your question, sure there are more expensive glasspacks. You can spend $100 on a glasspack. Does it make it any better than a $12 glasspack? Not IMHO.

There are also 100 other brands of mufflers you could buy other than Flowmaster, but people seem to think that there are only $12 glasspacks and $100 Flowmasters and nothing in between. If you want the glasspack sound, get glasspacks for $12. Why spend $100 on a glasspack when all the fiberglass is going to crack and fall out anyway? If you want a turbo muffler sound, there are 100 to choose from at every price range. Summit Turbos are only $14 each. Thrush, DynaMax, Cherry Bomb Turbo, MagnaFlow, Borla, Flowmaster blah blah blah. Go with the sound you like or what you can afford. Personally, I put Flowmaster on everything because that sound and quality product is worth the extra stack to me.

My opinion is worth no more than anybody else's, and this muffler issue has been debated as much as religion.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 20 2006, 03:56 PM~6211528
My point is you've started at least 3 threads on exhaust for your car this week.  Why not continue the subject in only 1?  Or, why not check the zillion other threads on choice of mufflers, because they're all the exact same argument.

To answer your question, sure there are more expensive glasspacks.  You can spend $100 on a glasspack.  Does it make it any better than a $12 glasspack?  Not IMHO.

There are also 100 other brands of mufflers you could buy other than Flowmaster, but people seem to think that there are only $12 glasspacks and $100 Flowmasters and nothing in between.  If you want the glasspack sound, get glasspacks for $12.  Why spend $100 on a glasspack when all the fiberglass is going to crack and fall out anyway?  If you want a turbo muffler sound, there are 100 to choose from at every price range.  Summit Turbos are only $14 each.  Thrush, DynaMax, Cherry Bomb Turbo, MagnaFlow, Borla, Flowmaster blah blah blah.  Go with the sound you like or what you can afford.  Personally, I put Flowmaster on everything because that sound and quality product is worth the extra stack to me.

My opinion is worth no more than anybody else's, and this muffler issue has been debated as much as religion.
You really need to add a Grammar section to your signature.

You know, suff like For Sale(not for sell) :biggrin:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by Joe6pt0@Sep 20 2006, 01:09 PM~6211617

LOL...If only we weren't limited to so few lines! I was going to add your vs. you're, and there vs. they're vs. their too. :cheesy:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 20 2006, 11:56 AM~6211528
My point is you've started at least 3 threads on exhaust for your car this week.  Why not continue the subject in only 1?  Or, why not check the zillion other threads on choice of mufflers, because they're all the exact same argument.

To answer your question, sure there are more expensive glasspacks.  You can spend $100 on a glasspack.  Does it make it any better than a $12 glasspack?  Not IMHO.

There are also 100 other brands of mufflers you could buy other than Flowmaster, but people seem to think that there are only $12 glasspacks and $100 Flowmasters and nothing in between.  If you want the glasspack sound, get glasspacks for $12.  Why spend $100 on a glasspack when all the fiberglass is going to crack and fall out anyway?  If you want a turbo muffler sound, there are 100 to choose from at every price range.  Summit Turbos are only $14 each.  Thrush, DynaMax, Cherry Bomb Turbo, MagnaFlow, Borla, Flowmaster blah blah blah.  Go with the sound you like or what you can afford.  Personally, I put Flowmaster on everything because that sound and quality product is worth the extra stack to me.

The only reason i dont look for the other threads with the exhaust topic is because the search function is not available. I do appreciate you breaking it down but when i called for glasspacks people seem to talk down on cherry bombs because of the material they're made of. They say that the glasspacks they carry are better quality and last longer, which of course i know its a seller's tactic. But when you're a beginner and dont know shyt about it, it makes you wonder if you're buying the correct stuff. I just recently got into American cars, so its like im basicaly learning from scratch. I used to restore VW's and thats a total difference. I apologize for being a begginer but i definetly want all the information i can get before i make my choice.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
That doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... Glasspacks are a generic name for a type of muffler packed with fiberglass. That's it. Cherry Bomb is a particular brand name of mufflers, and they make both glasspack and turbo style mufflers. They're red. That's their difference over any other generic glasspack. ;) Most glasspack style mufflers are less than $20. Anything more expensive than that I have my doubts on, unless they're like a stainless steel casing or something fantastic like that. Otherwise, they're overcharging IMO, unless someone has an example to prove otherwise. Purple Hornies are pretty expensive. Why? IDK..because they're purple? :dunno:

Also, you don't need to use the search function. Just scroll through the pages in the Maintenance & Repair forum. Don't be afraid to go past page 1. You will probably find at least 2 dozen topics in the past month alone clearly titled "Exhaust for My Car," "Glasspacks vs. Flowmaster," "Flowmaster vs. Glasspacks," "Glasspacks," "Glasspacks vs. Cherry Bombs" and a million other variations of the exact same thing. :cool:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 20 2006, 01:30 PM~6211754
That doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...  Glasspacks are a generic name for a type of muffler packed with fiberglass.  That's it.  Cherry Bomb is a particular brand name of mufflers, and they make both glasspack and turbo style mufflers.  They're red.  That's their difference over any other generic glasspack.  ;)  Most glasspack style mufflers are less than $20.  Anything more expensive than that I have my doubts on, unless they're like a stainless steel casing or something fantastic like that.  Otherwise, they're overcharging IMO, unless someone has an example to prove otherwise.  Purple Hornies are pretty expensive.  Why?  IDK..because they're purple?  :dunno:

Also, you don't need to use the search function.  Just scroll through the pages in the Maintenance & Repair forum.  Don't be afraid to go past page 1.  You will probably find at least 2 dozen topics in the past month alone clearly titled "Exhaust for My Car,"  "Glasspacks vs. Flowmaster," "Flowmaster vs. Glasspacks,"  "Glasspacks," "Glasspacks vs. Cherry Bombs" and a million other variations of the exact same thing.  :cool:
You forgot the threads about glaspaks, flomasters, chery boms, and dinomax muphlers.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by Joe6pt0@Sep 20 2006, 03:09 PM~6211617

someone should pm "keef" a copy of his sig

13" standers baby :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts