LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard you need to use racing axels in 1964 impalas when you 3 wheel to prevent the axles froms pulling out???

where do I get these axels from??

thanks

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
racing axels dont prevent that, tackwelding the shrikpiece that holds the bearing in does. theres some other ways to go about it too but if you get racing type o axels they will be thicker and that will need a bigger bearing so you will need to cut the rearend at the ends and weld on bigger "bearing houses" you can get those frome summit racing, -both the bearing and the "bearing house"
but theres alot of things thats gotta match when doing this like it's gotta have the same splince, lenght e.t.c...

Last edited by badass 64 at Dec 24 2003, 10:50 AM

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent taken my rear end apart yet...I was told there are clips that hold the axles in...I was also told to put a spot weld on these clips to try and help them from pulling out during 3 wheel....so I guess my question is .... what the fuck? Do I need to do anything to a stock rear end to keep axels in or no??? Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by bigpoppapump1976@Dec 25 2003, 01:59 AM
I havent taken my rear end apart yet...I was told there are clips that hold the axles in...I was also told to put a spot weld on these clips to try and help them from pulling out during 3 wheel....so I guess my question is .... what the fuck? Do I need to do anything to a stock rear end to keep axels in or no??? Thanks for you help.
tackwelding the shrinkpieces that holds the bearings in will help the axels from walking out.
there'e c-clips in other axels but not in those and not in ford 9" either, c-clips are better really cuz they keep the axel in the housing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts