LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just my experience and a WARNING to anyone who is interested in purchasing a skateboard from IMPALAS MAGAZINE & Royal Klowns.
I bought 2 Impalas skateboards on the 18th NOV 2008 from the Impalas Magazine website:
http://www.cre8tivexchange.com/impalas/

which then links to the Roya Klowns website:
http://ravlgv.brinkster.net/Royal_Klowns_S...21_impalas.html

After speaking through email to a guy named raudel villarreal he sent me an invoice through paypal for the 2 skateboards plus shipping to Australia for a total of $179.

I sent the payment through immediately and he said he would send the items out asap and supply a tracking number (all seemed OK and professional)

After 3 weeks nothing was recieved and i sent several emails asking for a tracking number. After the 3rd email i got a response saying they recieved the skateboards back as they didnt get cleared by customs because of wood. He was going to have them inspected and resent straight away. STILL NO TRACKIN NUMBER.

Its been 2 MONTHS and i havent recieved anything. Plenty of emails with no response and even a paypal dispute case opened with no response.

Now i have to go and make a claim through my bank to get the money returned.

Im sure many people have purchased these skateboards with no issues. This is just letting everyone know what happened to me.

Too bad as the skateboards look awesome (in the photos anyhow)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,329 Posts
That sucks bro... hope itz jus' a misunderstanding and works out for you at the end
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,420 Posts
Originally posted by LOYALTY IV LIFE@Jan 16 2009, 04:19 PM~12725397
This is just my experience and a WARNING to anyone who is interested in purchasing a skateboard from IMPALAS MAGAZINE & Royal Klowns.
I bought 2 Impalas skateboards on the 18th NOV 2008 from the Impalas Magazine website:
http://www.cre8tivexchange.com/impalas/

which then links to the Roya Klowns website:
http://ravlgv.brinkster.net/Royal_Klowns_S...21_impalas.html

After speaking through email to a guy named raudel villarreal he sent me an invoice through paypal for the 2 skateboards plus shipping to Australia for a total of $179.

I sent the payment through immediately and he said he would send the items out asap and supply a tracking number (all seemed OK and professional)

After 3 weeks nothing was recieved and i sent several emails asking for a tracking number. After the 3rd email i got a response saying they recieved the skateboards back as they didnt get cleared by customs because of wood. He was going to have them inspected and resent straight away. STILL NO TRACKIN NUMBER.

Its been 2 MONTHS and i havent recieved anything. Plenty of emails with no response and even a paypal dispute case opened with no response.

Now i have to go and make a claim through my bank to get the money returned.

Im sure many people have purchased these skateboards with no issues. This is just letting everyone know what happened to me.

Too bad as the skateboards look awesome (in the photos anyhow)


dont think they are that kind of people im sure you will get it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36,447 Posts
Originally posted by smiley`s 84 fleetwood@Jan 16 2009, 05:38 PM~12726665
dont  think  they are  that  kind  of  people  im  sure  you will get  it
X2
sending something to Austraila is not easy.. it takes time and if it was sent back because if customs.. at least he said he was going to get it inspected and sent back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by gtimeseastlos@Jan 17 2009, 11:01 AM~12726841
X2
sending something to Austraila is not easy.. it takes time and if it was sent back because if customs.. at least he said he was going to get it inspected and sent back

I have at least 2 packages a week come from the USA from shoes to car parts and over the past 2 years have only had an issue with one other company and item.

I didnt get on here to write off the company or the product as i know issues happen sending internationally. Its more the lack of communication that has been made since the purchase.

Would prefer the skateboards purchases over a refund but cant get either at the moment.
They are killa designs.
Hopefully something might happen now i have voiced on layitlow......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,995 Posts
I'll look into it bro......pm me a way to contact you..phone number or email and as soon as I talk to Royal Klowns, I'll let you know what is going on.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Toro@Jan 17 2009, 05:21 PM~12730411
I'll look into it bro......pm me a way to contact you..phone number or email and as soon as I talk to Royal Klowns, I'll let you know what is going on.....
Thanks for any help :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a bit of outside influence ROYAL KLOWNS finally replied and offered to make things right by offering a FULL REFUND and still see through my order.
The offer was greatly appreciated and accepted. :)

But its been 2 weeks since and NO skateboard decks or refund as yet and no replies to my email since......... :angry: :angry: :angry:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
58,442 Posts
yeah I heard they are strict on anything made of wood going thru customs because of insects or some shit. My friend shipped a truck to england and because it had the wooden bed floor, the customs quarantined the truck for 30 days :uh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Skim@Feb 5 2009, 02:05 PM~12909953
yeah I heard they are strict on anything made of wood going thru customs because of insects or some shit. My friend shipped a truck to england and because it had the wooden bed floor, the customs quarantined the truck for 30 days :uh:
thats got to give you the shits.
Apparently if its inspected and wood has been painted or varnished its fine.
Glad its only a few skateboard decks im waiting on and not a car.....then i would really be pissed off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the reply from ROYAL KLOWNS in regards to my purchase. It was recieved almost 1 month ago.



RE: UNRECIEVED GOODS‏
From: raudel villarreal ([email protected])
Sent: Sunday, 18 January 2009 6:52:20 AM
To: ...................

We understand your frustration and we apologize for the long delay, we did ship your item out after a few weeks we received it back rejected cause of it not inspected. We were not aware of it needing it to be inspected and we apologize for the communacation we have been super busy and have not had much of a chance to check our emails. This is what we are going to do for you, you’ll get your refund and we are also going to still give you the decks you order. What we need to do right now is check the status of the order shipped and see were they are or if we have ran into other problem with customs. Please feel free to call us if you wish or have any other questions and thank you once again

888-755-6967 will make it right. And make sure your happy with your order.


royalklowns.com
888-755-6967
[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its been almost 3 months since i purchased the decks from ROYAL KLOWNS. I have still recieved nothing.
I have sent them over 18 emails in total and only recieved 3 replys back.
The last one was telling me i was going to get a full refund and still recieve the order "TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT".
Its been almost 1 month since then and recieved no skatboards or a refund.
What more can i say but
F*%K ROYAL KLOWNS!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

A warning to anyone intending on dealing with them.........proceed with caution. Especially if you are an international buyer.

All the bullshit excuses and they never give you a tracking number like they tell you from the beginning. There is no evidence they even sent them to start with.

A waste of $197 (US) which i have to go and try to claim through my bank which will prob be impossible.


2 weeks ago i purchased a JOKER BRAND skateboard from the USA and it arrive to me in Australia in 9 days from purchase. No dramas.....no inspection required...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Too easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and 1 other thing
IN NO WAY AM I DISSING IMPALAS MAGAZINE.

They have nothing to do with these skateboards. ROYAL KLOWNS are just using there images.

Toro from Impalas tried to help the situation and i appreciate his efforts.






:guns: ROYALKLOWNS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,356 Posts
Damb bro sorry to hear that i was looking a getting one of those boards too i am now having second thoughts.... keep us posted
 

·
Bad Habits Parts
Joined
·
4,157 Posts
Damn... aint that some shit.
3 months versus 9 days?

Fools are straight up talking out of their asses. How did you pay anyways? Since your international I can only assume you used IBAN? Paypal? Money Order???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by undercoverimpala@Feb 12 2009, 02:04 PM~12978439
Damb bro sorry to hear that i was looking a getting one of those boards too i am now having second thoughts.... keep us posted
yeah i wouldnt recommend them to anyone......
will let you know if anything actually happens in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by DarknessWithin@Feb 12 2009, 04:46 PM~12980374
Damn... aint that some shit.
3 months versus 9 days?

Fools are straight up talking out of their asses. How did you pay anyways? Since your international I can only assume you used IBAN? Paypal? Money Order???
Paid with paypal.....tried to make a claim with them but because it was after 45 days you cant........mmmmmm. its like they were stalling till then now i think of it. Paypal said they would look into it further but recommend i make a claim with my bank.

:machinegun: Royal Klowns..........rip offs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,300 Posts
Originally posted by LOYALTY IV LIFE@Feb 13 2009, 01:59 AM~12991320
Paid with paypal.....tried to make a claim with them but because it was after 45 days you cant........mmmmmm. its like they were stalling till then now i think of it. Paypal said they would look into it further but recommend i make a claim with my bank.

:machinegun: Royal Klowns..........rip offs

Same thing happened to me on a deal, it had been past 45 days so pay pal wouldn't do anything, but I had used my credit card through pay pal. I gave my credit card company a call and they credited my account that day, then went after paypal and got there money.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top