LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY WHAT'S UP PEOPLE? MY FRIEND JUST GOT HIS TRUCK PUT ONTO BAGS AND THEY DIDNT CUT OPEN HIS BED TO I GUESS STEP NOTCH IT? WELL HE CAN STILL DO EVERYTHING F/B S/S AND LAY FRAME BUT IT SEEMS A LITTLE ODD TO ME BECAUSE I HAVE BAGS TOO AND I HAD MY FRAME CUT OPEN AND WHAT NOT. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IF ANY AND ANY HELP AND ANSWERS WOULD BE GOOD TO MY EARS. :0

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NAH WE BOTH HAVE RANGERS, ITS JUST THE PLACE HE'S GOING TO SAID THEY DONT NEED TO CUT HIS BED BECAUSE THERE NOT STEP NOTCHING IT. THERE GOING TO C-NOTCH IT AND IT WILL GET LOW TO THE GROUND BUT THERE NOT CUTTING INTO THE BED.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
is yours notched? Usuall depending on the notch, the installer will have to cut into the bed for the axel to clear (not tap the bed or whatnot). Mini notches let you cet maybe 2 to 3 more inches of drop, without you having to cut into the bed, but you do have to cut out some of the frame to either bolt/weld it on. A monster notch is usd for an even more amount of drop, because of the notch they will also have to cut into the bed for that to clear. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
doesnt sound right.. I'm not a fan of c-notches, they just dont seem strong enough to me...

i cant see it going very low without a step notch, guess we'll see...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I am still on my stock 15's that are chrome because I am saving my money for some 18s. But yeah mine sits pretty low but his sits about the same and they didnt cut open his frame. He's got like an 8 or 10in. notch that he bought and had them put on. He is still on his stock rims as well. I guess my main question is, does it matter whether or not your frame is cut will it lay frame cuz I kno it will go side to side and front to back.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger2000@Aug 20 2003, 07:45 PM
He's got like an 8 or 10in. notch that he bought and had them put on.
I thought that they didn't put it on? He probably won't need a monster notch if he is on 16's or smaller but trying to tuck a 17 or 18 you will for sure have to monster notch it. Can we get any pics?? If not can you see if they did ANYTHING to his frame where the differential would hit?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey what's going on. I just wanted to know if it was still possible to lay frame with out cutting open the bed of the truck basically? I know that if I wanted higher rims that I would have to get a Monster Notch but that won't be for awhile. So is it possible to lay frame still without the cutting of the bed. Thats what I'm tryin to get the answers outta. Thanks so far. :0

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yes it's possible to lay frame with a C-notch. Back in the day when every minitruck rolled on 195/50-15s, they were all laid with C-notches. That was when "wild" meant a 6"/8" drop. Today since wheels have gotten bigger though (like with your future 18s), it depends on the truck and the size wheels/tires whether or not you'll be able to lay with a notch only.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Aug 22 2003, 06:43 PM

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well right now he's got stock 15's and he's like maybe 1/2" from the ground and he doesnt even have a gash in his bed. BUt I like it and I wish I had done the same. Are you still considered a mini if u dont cut open the bed or what

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger2000@Aug 22 2003, 02:53 PM
Are you still considered a mini if u dont cut open the bed or what
Your considered a pimp in the Minitruckin world if you don't have a hole. Who wants a ugly ass hole in their bed anyway? But that is gonna mean that you will be rollin baby rims forever and that is not very kool.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
i thought u could only lay frame in the front with out cutting your bed...i thought u had to cut the back to lay frame in front and back...

one of my friends got a mini truck and he didnt cut into the bed and he ony lays frame in the front, the back is close but not on the ground like the front is, and he has a small mazda truck which is smaller then a ranger...

Last edited by CuttieBuddie at Aug 25 2003, 03:08 PM

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HEY WHATS UP PEOPLES? MY FRIEND JUST BOUGHT A 98 RANGER AND GOT IT BAGGED. ITS REAL CLEAN, HE DIDN'T HAVE THEM CUT THE BED AND HE SLAPPED 18'S ON IT AND THAT BITCH IS LAYIN FRAME. I AM WONDERING HOW'S THAT POSSIBLE? WOULDN'T THEY NEED TO CUT OPEN THE BED. HEY I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL YA'LL, MY COUSINS WANTS TO KNOW IF HE SHOULD CUT HIS BED YES OR NO AND IF YES LEMME KNOW WHERE HE CAN GET SHEET METAL AT FOR A GOOD PRICE OUT HERE IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
what he want sheat metal for if you want it to look good to cover a hole go to junk yard and get the sheet off another truck bed but the nicest thing to do would be to channel the inside of the bed or i mean body drop it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HEY WHAT'S UP GUYS? I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU, I WAS WONDERING SINCE MY FRIEND DOESNT HAVE A HOLE IN HIS BED HOW HIGH IN SIZE RIMS CAN HE GO, I WAS THINKIN MAYBE 17'S IF THAT, BUT HE DOESNT WANT 18'S BECUASE HE DOESNT LIKE THEM, WHAT IS THE CORRECT ANSWER AND WHAT NOT. HE'S ON FAST BAGS TOO.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger2000@Sep 3 2003, 08:31 PM
HEY WHAT'S UP GUYS? I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU, I WAS WONDERING SINCE MY FRIEND DOESNT HAVE A HOLE IN HIS BED HOW HIGH IN SIZE RIMS CAN HE GO, I WAS THINKIN MAYBE 17'S IF THAT, BUT HE DOESNT WANT 18'S BECUASE HE DOESNT LIKE THEM, WHAT IS THE CORRECT ANSWER AND WHAT NOT. HE'S ON FAST BAGS TOO.
if he didn't get deeper wheel wells in the rear then yeah he can prolly get 17"s on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts