LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of yall might know this already, but tires have a date written on them. Just like milk or eggs at the supermarket you want to get the newest ones you can. I just saw Tom Browkaw on the nightly news and he reported that most accidents happen due to poor condition of tires.

The average tire that you buy for your car is at least 2 years old. One guy had a car that he restored and he totalled it and came to the conclusion it was due to his 10 year old tires. The tires had plenty of tread but developed cracks due to aging. Cracks that were not veiwable by the human eye.

I just wanted to let you all in on this news, especially since most of us ride on 14 inch white walls. No car is sold brandnew on the lot anymore with white walls. So our tires could be as much as 13 or years old or older.

There is a way you can tell your tire age. There is a 3 digit # for example 414. The 41 means the month. It sounds crazy but that's what he said and the 4 would mean the year 2004. That is exactly what he said unless he made a mistake I am positive that's what he said. I just thought I would let you guys know.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
1. January
2. Feburary
3. March
4. April
5. May
6. June
7. July
8. August
9. September
10. October
11. November
12. December

41. ?????
did we change our calender system?
:dunno:

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by sneakyboy1@Sep 24 2003, 08:42 PM
1. January
2. Feburary
3. March
4. April
5. May
6. June
7. July
8. August
9. September
10. October
11. November
12. December

41. ?????
did we change our calender system?
:dunno:
I was thinking about it last night and there are 12 months in a year. 12 x 3 =36 plus 5 =41. which would mean May. May 2004. I dont' know whyy they do it that way. But I figured it out. May 2004.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
maybe that means a 'sell before' date...They gotta multiply the year three times so that they know when it was produced and that it has to be sold and mounted before three years later.........

I don't know, just guessin'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts