LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about purchasing an in-dash 6.5" flip out monitor and dvd player for my daily. My question is there any way to watch a dvd and play some other source over top of it such as a cd in the changer or xm radio. This is probably a dumb question but I ask because more than likely what ever dvd is playing my passengers have seen. I know I would not be paying close attention to what they are saying being I already know. I'd rather listen to some music over the dvd image.

G

·
0 Posts
Well when I had my screens setup in my old ride, I had an FM Modulator and a separate DVD player. When I wanted to let the audio play from the DVD playing, I'd tune to the FM station that the modulator specificed. But when I wanted to thump and let the video run, I'd pop in a CD as normal and let the DVD play with no audio (obviously). As far as your setup goes, I believe you'll be able to do the same if you get an FM Modulator, just in your instance the CD would be playing from the changer. Not too sure if with just a modulatr you'll be able to do this since it's been a while since I've been in the car audio scene.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts