LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Aug 14 2003, 08:59 PM
In what do u store and transfer ur models.
I use my hand ( VERY VERY hard to find in stores) to pick it up and move it to differnt places. I also use a glass cover (from michales) witch is like 9 bucks to store my 300 buck model. and the rest i throw a rag over them to stop the dust.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I found plastic, I guess they call them shoe containers, for the single models, with either old tshirt or kleenex to keep it from moving around, my dad stores his in a huge container that fits under a bed.... found the shoe containers at the Dolla store

·
Registered
243 Posts
Originally posted by FATKID305@Aug 14 2003, 10:17 PM
I DONT STORE THEM I LET EVERYONE SEE THEM WHEN THEY WALK IN MY ROOM BECAUSE THERE ALL UP ON THE WALL
as soon as i build more den one, THATS wut i doin. i was thinking of like slanted shelfs all around ma room , so they high enough so that ppl dont touch but at a good enough angle so ppl see sum of the details, ill get bak to u on that when i have atleast 4 models

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Originally posted by FATKID305@Aug 14 2003, 09:17 PM
I DONT STORE THEM I LET EVERYONE SEE THEM WHEN THEY WALK IN MY ROOM BECAUSE THERE ALL UP ON THE WALL
I put them on the shelf ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by BaSSmAsTeR+Aug 16 2003, 10:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BaSSmAsTeR @ Aug 16 2003, 10:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--FATKID305@Aug 14 2003, 10:17 PM
as soon as i build more den one, THATS wut i doin. i was thinking of like slanted shelfs all around ma room , so they high enough so that ppl dont touch but at a good enough angle so ppl see sum of the details, ill get bak to u on that when i have atleast 4 models[/b][/quote]
YO YEAH BUT REMEMBER THAT IF YOU PUT THEM TO LOW AND YOU HAVE BROTHERS OR NICES THEY ARE GOING TO GET THEM I HAVE THEM LIKE A LITTLE HIGH BUT YOU COULD SEE THEM........ BUT MAN IT COMES OUT NICE WHEN YOU PUT THEM THERE

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use baseball card boxes. I put a piece of felt in the box, place the model in, wrap the extra felt around the model, and it seems to hold pretty secure. I can take my models to the show, and it doesn't seem to bounce around or move around in the box.

The boxes are about 50 cents each, and I bought a stack of felt squares from Michaels for a couple of dollars.

I take pictures of the model, print it out and glue it to the front of the box, so I know what's inside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts